Thread: 96 3.8L Turbo Build

96 3.8L Turbo Build

Good Day/Night

Bought a Green Colored 96 Camaro with a 3.8L S II /w 5MT, that was about 2 year ago
    at this moment I have the timing chain cover off the car with the intention of drilling a hole, and add a Turbo Drain Plug, this is
    what I'm looking at
    20210609-183103.jpg
    My only issue is, where do I place the bung, and It won't be a welded one because I don't have a aluminum welder
    also, this is the turbo kit that I will be installing, I've already removed 8 of the 12 manifold bolts, the other 4 are just loose to keep it in place
    S-l1600.jpg
    All ideas/advice are welcomed
    Last edited by LuminousX; 06-18-2021 at 11:47 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Light Throttle
    You’ll have more room on the oil pan, for the return line.

found out that base on that turbo kit I have, I can just run it to the valve cover if I clocked it a little bit, and get some angle to drain.
    thanks for the reply thou.

P.S the most time spend was finding out what fitting would tee into that oil sensor port, took me days to find out that it's 1/4 NPT
    hope that helps someone out...
    Last edited by LuminousX; 06-18-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Light Throttle
    You’ll want it above the sensor, I ran a -10an line.

I've gotten most of the turbo system put together, was told by someone at PCM for less that they could tune the 3.8l PCM
    only to ship it out, and then be told that they only tune the v8 LT1's.
    Say It To My Face

Light Throttle
    You’ll need a 97’ pcm , direct swap, just make sure you get the right trans. I would go with Hptuners and tune yourself.

yeah, that's what I intent to do in the near future, I will post some pictures of the build soon, maybe some folks can get ideas based on how I did mines...
    Say It To My Face