Thread: 01 firebird supercharged v6 project

01 firebird supercharged v6 project

Hey guys, I'm new to forums. First forum joining, so don't shoot me if I started a thread in the wrong spot or whatever. I already tried searching for a thread related to my issue, and couldn't find one

I'm currently swapping in a 3800 series 3 supercharged v6 from an 07 Grand Prix GT into my 01 firebird that came with the old series 2 n/a motor. I've already replaced all the gaskets, timing chain, bought pacesetter headers, hptuners software, supporting mods (180 Tstat, wires, plugs) and will be adding a catback exhaust + smaller pulley soon.

I'm already aware of all the problems that need to be addressed with the swap. I plan to cut the gen v and pipe the throttle body to sit next to the alternator.

I've hit a rut in the swap, it's almost ready to be dropped in. I need some help figuring out the wiring harness.

The wiring harness seems has an extra white wire compared to the firebird harness in the alternator and coil packs. I've been trying to find diagrams for the last 3 weeks on the internet so I can compare the two, and really don't want spend money.

Does anyone have any harness diagrams for an 01 firebird/Camaro and an 04-07 L32 supercharged Grand Prix GT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Theres a wire diagram in the Haynes manual in the back for the 2001 firebird. Theres also pcm pinouts on Firebirdv6.com. For the grand prix might try a Haynes manual as well.

alright, thanks. Ill check those out. appreciate it.