Thread: eBay turbo questions

eBay turbo questions

Hey guys, I recently stumbled upon a turbo kit on eBay that seems pretty legit. The turbo is a garret turbo so it’s not a cheap piece of junk. What I want to know is has anyone installed it and if so how is the fitmet? I am ready to buy this kit so if I get good feedback on it I’ll go ahead and buy it. Not looking for mad power right now just some more power. Also what will I need to go along with a turbo setup? Here is a pic of the turbo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Light Throttle
    Its not a Garrett turbo, thats the kit we've bought theres pics on camarov6.com. Need to remove the A/C , get a bov, intercooler , intercooler pipping, spark plugs, tuning, wideband etc. Need to do more research before slapping it on. Also need a tee for the oil line and weld a -10an bung on the oil pan for the return oil line.
    Last edited by 1996Camaro; 01-21-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    1996 Camaro built engine, suspension GT35R turbo build.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996Camaro View Post
    Its not a Garrett turbo, thats the kit we've bought theres pics on camarov6.com. Need to remove the A/C , get a bov, intercooler , intercooler pipping, spark plugs, tuning, wideband etc. Need to do more research before slapping it on. Also need a tee for the oil line and weld a -10an bung on the oil pan for the return oil line.
    Thats what Iíve been trying to do is research this but I canít seem to find nothing on it anywhere. I was looking for someone who has installed it before so I could get what I needed to install it.

Light Throttle
    Look at the thread before this 1999 turbo install and the ebay turbo shows up at the end, still a continuous thread. Yeah youll neeed alot, bigger fuel injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, hptuners and misc. stuff along the way, ill get to installing mine probably next year, doing some other stuff before i get into the turbo install. I have a real Garrett Gt35r turbo that ill be using with the kit along with a tial 38mm wastegate and tial 50mm Bov. Also have some other goodies Im installing.
    1996 Camaro built engine, suspension GT35R turbo build.