Thread: Abbot racing cam

Abbot racing cam

Just looking for some input from anyone who has used the ARH n/a cam. This car will probably never see the track, so I really don't care about top end hp. I'm building this car as a street performer , so I'm wanting it's peak torque in the 3500-4000 rpm range. I've contacted Kenneth at abbot , but can't get a straight answer on the low end rpm numbers on the cam. Does it have good low to mid range torque with its 210/220 ,.05 duration ? If not I'll probly go with something in the 206 ,.05 duration range...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would just go with a GT2 from ZZP if they still make them. I loved mine.
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7444_1.gif

GT2 cam

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenmike View Post
    Just looking for some input from anyone who has used the ARH n/a cam. This car will probably never see the track, so I really don't care about top end hp. I'm building this car as a street performer , so I'm wanting it's peak torque in the 3500-4000 rpm range. I've contacted Kenneth at abbot , but can't get a straight answer on the low end rpm numbers on the cam. Does it have good low to mid range torque with its 210/220 ,.05 duration ? If not I'll probly go with something in the 206 ,.05 duration range...
    Like you, I was looking for a little more performance and got it! Did a complete overhaul and it sounds great. Tuning will come in the spring from ZZP with all the mods of a N/A motor. GT2 cam, cnc heads, dbl. roller timing chain, crankshaft, bearing and everything else while the motor was out. Running break in with Penn oil and was able to get 420 miles before the snow started flying. Please keep in mind I'm not looking for a V8 sound or I would of put in a V8. The exhaust is next, 3.73 gears and shocks/suspension. FYI, money could tally up to 5k depending what else you find wrong with other items in need of replacing! Take your time and do what you want to do. The added power without jumping on it is huge! But need to do a proper break in first. The best build comes down to funds and time, then the fun begins,yippee

Half Throttle
    I've got the ARH cam along with their heads and intakes (and pacesetters), and love the car. That with a metric ton of suspension goodies keeps me up on the road course with cars I have no business keeping up with

No dyno chart, and I can't tell you how the cam will be without the accompanying mods, but I'm happy with their work..

-Jeff