Thread: Help with 2.8/3.1/3.4 performance parts combinations?

Help with 2.8/3.1/3.4 performance parts combinations?

Okay, I realize I'm like 10 years late to the non hybrid 60 Degree V6 performance stuff ... and theres a TON of excellent info out there, but I notice theres not much info on which combinations of parts work well? (or its buried and I haven't found it yet)

my current intention is to freshen up the 2.hate in my S10 chassis (it's not an S10 anymore), with the hope to being able to get my creation on the road atleast once before September (when brain melting college resumes). Then later swap over the performance bits to a 3.4 thats had more care put into its insides

so ... staying with TBI (atleast for now... the 3.4 may be done with MPI and turbo) ... going to a 4.3 TBI

- assuming portmatched and 'ported' heads and intake with the 4.3 tbi ...

- with a comp 260H cam
    - comp 1.6 roller rockers
    - hedman headers
    - everything that isn't needed removed (ie smog stuff)

will the stock computer run it? (I realize a tune will always be better) ... 2.8 or 4.3 injectors?
    what springs(Ie is there stock sbc/ls springs that work) should I use?
    is there other mods to the heads that should be done to be happier with the 260H and 1.6 rockers?

anything I'm missing?

Last edited by Reckless; 06-03-2017 at 12:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You won't be able to change the injector size and keep the stock computer. if you have to change injectors, then you need something that you can tune.

Full Throttle Extreme!
    Wow! that's some wild project. I'll be watching this one.

The computer, tbi and injectors will handle a 2.8 but rather than build the 2.8 120 hp. go with the 3.4 160 hp. it's a 1/3 hp increase stock. add a 4.3 tbi by enlarging the intake manifold throttle bores,a tbi off a 4.3 Astro Van had the easiest linkage connection. I went form a 2.8 to 3.4 on my 87 blazer and the difference is very noticeable.
    I'm a thousand miles from no where...