Thread: What aftermarket harmonic damper is available for '96 4.3 Vortec OBD2?

What aftermarket harmonic damper is available for '96 4.3 Vortec OBD2?

I'm rebuilding my '96 4.3 vortec running Marine manifold, 44#inj, '0411 pcm, intercooled ProCharger P1sc which I have 30,000+mi on combo-80k total engine. I am looking for an aftermarket SFI rated steel balancer for this application which uses the reluctor wheel which is sandwiched between the balancer and the crank cam sprocket. I saw on Jegs they have the TCI "Rattler" which their catalogue claims that it fits the '98-99 Blazer so I guess I then use the timing set from the '98 up or equivalent as I think the link chain of the '96-97 was changed to the roller in '98. The service bulletin that came out about chain noise giving false knock included the addition of the chain tensioner to the '96-97 but then on later service bulletins after '98 GM suggested changing out the link chain for the roller...with tensioner.
    Am I in the ballpark? Anybody using the TCI "Rattler" #870022 on their 4.3? I know it is heavier...I'm using Eagle H beams, Sealed Power LW2603F +030, and Total Seal MS3690 AP rings (top ring total seal).

Good times!
    Bruce
    Last edited by overS10ded; 04-08-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add part #

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Also can anyone recommend a machine shop in West Central Florida: St Pete, Tampa, Sarasota area. Thanks!

Good times!
    Bruce