Thread: camaro 3.8 turbo

camaro 3.8 turbo

just wondering if anyone on here has done a 3.8 turbo in a 2000 camaro? I just did this and the car is running really crappy. I used slightly ported heads,head studs,cometic head gaskets,a stage two intense turbo cam, asmall ebay turbo(have a gt35 on stand by if the car likes it)all three inch intercooler piping with a big IC. Have not done injectors yet, just trying to drive the car. The car just stumbles off idle and really stumbles through out the rpm range. I moved the maf in front of the turbo and that was even worse, the car does have the O2 sensors plumbed into the manifold, any direction to help me out would be greatly appriceated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You need a tune dude
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Tune for sure and stock injectors are what only like 24lbs which is nothing. You probably shouldn't even run boost with the stock injectors and no upgraded fuel pump. I maxed out GTP (36lbs) injectors with a 255 walbro fuel pump back in the day no problem with a bigger turbo and maybe 7-10psi. You need a custom tune (or way to tune it yourself with a wideband), bigger injectors (42lbs+) and a better fuel pump.
    Last edited by jmorgan; 04-07-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    2008 G8 GT
    Magnetic Gray Metallic