Thread: Pcv help vn series 1

Pcv help vn series 1

Ok, got a Holden 1989 series 1 engine in my kitcar. It has a pcv located in a hole in the front of the intake valley just behind the alternator. There is no rubber seal at all. The top of the pcv goes a short "U" shaped hose that goes into the intake chamber.

There is another hose going from the rhs rocker into the throttle body.

I want to renew my pcv. My questions are...

As pcv jammed into that hole doesnt look original
    It isnt the same set up as seen on google with a mount further forward.
    My current pcv has metal tubes each end but on ebay they advertise pcv for my enging without the bottom tube.
    Ive tried google. Its hell finging what I'm after.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a similar pcv on a Buick v6 1987. Likely same engine. Mine says ac delco cv911. This one has a different number. So chasing offici as l standard pcv for series one commodore engine

I visited a wrecker today. He jad a series one engine there. Same pcv, same number cv911 on it and importantly, it operated the same eg no resistance when i blew into the larger tube ...engine to intake disrection which was a concern.

So l have a spare now
    But it still baffles me why it is no longer available ANYWHERE. And no listing for a replacement item. If someone pita the wrong type in due to no other being availble it could blow out the rear msin seal and cost $$$
    Last edited by JBAv6S1; 02-02-2017 at 07:48 PM.