Thread: Auto 4L60E Computer Tuning

Half Throttle

Auto 4L60E Computer Tuning

I'm working with Sinister to get a great tune on my modified 4L60E trans.
    I'm currently running a Performabuilt Stage 2 with a Monster 2800-3200 stall.

I know every car is different- and while I continue to work with Sinister to mail order tune my trans,I thought I would throw it out there. The pro's on this site- John, Grape, and others have never steered me wrong.

Questions are:
    1. I don't want my car to shift into OD until 55mph. Matter of preference or bad idea?
    2. I read a lot about lockup- never in 3rd only in 4th. Thoughts on this?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle Extreme!
    The MPH is not so important compared to the RPM's.The RPM's, MPH and throttle position is what determines when it locks up.Lock up will never occur at WOT. The a4 will lockup in 3rd and in 4th. If you want to keep the trans out of OD why not just keep the gear selector in Drive?
    To determine when it locks up all you need to do is watch your rpm's, it will drop instantly when the lockup occurs.

Half Throttle
    Thanks Grape-

Any harm in driving in D all the time?
    I suppose I could just have them program lockup so that it can't happen in 3rd, and then have it lockup only in 4th. I would have the OD MPH settings bumped up to only above 57 MPH at less than 40-50 % throttle. Right now its annoying that at partial throttle at 45 mph my trans drops into OD and power all goes away. I know my twin LT1 TB has an effect on this.

Full Throttle Extreme! Turningfast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder View Post
    Thanks Grape-

Any harm in driving in D all the time?
    I suppose I could just have them program lockup so that it can't happen in 3rd, and then have it lockup only in 4th. I would have the OD MPH settings bumped up to only above 57 MPH at less than 40-50 % throttle. Right now its annoying that at partial throttle at 45 mph my trans drops into OD and power all goes away. I know my twin LT1 TB has an effect on this.

You can change speed and rpm when it will shift with hptuners, as well as lock up.
    Running turbo car but.......for how long? up to 25#'s so far so good http://fquick.com/1SICK6
    11.63 @118.9 1.63 60' Best trap 119.6
    After almost 30k miles it popped, junk yard L26 going in with a better turbo
    Ooops, I did it again, lol.