Thread: FWD Series II Intake on F-Body.

FWD Series II Intake on F-Body.

Hello guys. First post to this forum. I am building a turbo 98 Firebird. This is strictly a racecar and will not be street driven very much if at all (The car will have working headlights/taillights). The car is being purpose built for X275, Limted 8.5, Ultra Street.

OK so with that out of the way a lot of guys run the intake backwards into the firewall.

Like this.

I was thinking about doing something similar using the FWD intake. From my Previous research it appears that the FWD intake did flow better than the RWD intake (which did surprise me) There are also a few more aftermarket part options going this route also.

So if this is the direction I decide to go are there other heads available that will work better than the 98 l36 heads? Something that is better to build off of? Any thoughts?

--Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    all series 2 and 3 heads are the same except for the S/C versions with the injectors placed in the heads. Aftermarket heads would be best and there are also full aluminium heads you can get but they cost some serious money.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~