Thread: Need some help diagnosing a problem...

Need some help diagnosing a problem...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so go easy on me, but I have a '99 Camaro, 3.8L. I bought it pretty recently, great price, the cars pretty clean, but I noticed a small, dime sized little coolant spot every now and again underneath the car, and today, I go outside, and theres a pretty massive coolant puddle under my car and my belts are pretty noisey, and theres coolant running along one of the bearings (?), I know a little about working on cars, but to be certain I would just like confirmation from some of you guys, would I be right to think this would point towards the water pump? Is this a pretty average thing to go wrong on these cars?
    1999 Camaro Y87 3.8L
    Arctic White/ Y87 Package/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Could be, or another common failure point is the plastic coolant elbows that are also near there. Heater hoses route through the tensioner bracket (weird, I know), then have the elbows that go into the block. Those elbows tend to get brittle with age and crack.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

Most likely the coolant elbows as he said ^