Thread: so i finally got a gopro. first day playing with it at wiregrass autocross

Light Throttle

so i finally got a gopro. first day playing with it at wiregrass autocross

ended up placing 9th in pax and in raw time. feeling likt the car still needs more tire but low speed sections car is almost perfect, but i gotta figure out how to calm the car down at higher speeds (im thinking it's time for an aero package).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoeW...ature=youtu.be

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a good run, Tim! I need to grab another set of wheels/tires for the WRX and come back out with y'all since I'm in Pcola again.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Good runs!

What are the specs on your car? Any suspension work done at all or alignment? That can help big on the stability.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

Light Throttle
    scott we need to meet up some time if your back in pcola. im starting to collect parts for an l67 swap and i was wondering if i could get some help with the modding of the supercharger and upper intake. and yes you need to come out to some of the gcr events or the wiregrass events. im mostly running delta end wiregrass events this year. and have only been to one GCR event this year cause of no CAM class.

warshrike, the list of mods for suspension are: strano springs/sways (3 way adjustable in rear), koni 4/4, torque arm relocation, watts link, global west upper a arms, poly bushings on front lower a arm, y87 steering rack. chassis and drivetrain are 3 point subframe connectors, shock tower brace, eaton truetrac diff, and hurst short shifter. engine: whisper lid, pacesetter headers, hyper energy tune, zzp underdrive pulleys/ throttle body spacer, turn one power steering pump. and interior : steering wheel, corbeau seat and rear seat delete.

oh and 17x9.5 c4 corvette wheels with 255/40/17 hankook rs-3 version 2 tires (well heat cycled by now)

thats all of the major mods done to my camaro that are not appearance. i was originally building the car for STX but i got bumped up to STU so i decided to play in a new class thats comming up called CAM-C. i ran the SCCA national tour in march and placed 2nd

Can...Can I call you brother? Why, you ask? We've got almost the same laundry list.

Quite a bit of this stuff already is on the car, but the bold stuff is new that is even replacing previous mod parts and probably missing some stuff:

Corbeau CR1's for the interior, that's about all the mods there...

Suspension/Drivetrain:
    •Strano springs & swaybars (35mm/22mm) (non-adjustable, mr. fancy pants)
    •Koni 4/4s
    •PA Racing road race tubular K-member
    •UMI 3-point SFC's
    •BMR torque arm relocation cross member
    •GTO T-56 + Tick master + Centerforce clutch
    •MGW Shifter
    •Watts Link
    •UMI Roto joint/poly rear LCA's
    •UMI adjustable TA
    •Spohn sway bar endlinks
    •Blainefab modified Global West upper control arms
    •CTS-V Brake upgrade
    •Auburn Road Race/Auto-x differential

•Speedline Mistral 6's, 17" x 9.5" but probably going away because of CTS-V brakes.

Engine (completely new setup):
    •Longtubes (Modifying collector design on these once the exhaust is in)
    •WOT-Tech thumper cam
    •1.7 yella terra roller rockers
    •1.9 int/1.55 exh race ported heads
    •JEForged flycut pistons, balanced rotating assembly, powerbond balancer
    •True Dual exhaust
    Last edited by WarShrike; 06-17-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    2000 Firebird

Also, what is your watts link set to? You might be able to dial out some of the oversteer if you drop the center link down a little bit. I remember more to the top == more oversteer.

Otherwise, check out Blainefab. He's got some spoilers that pass SCCA tech for their regs and it is adjustable.
    http://blainefab.com/spoiler.html
    2000 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by madforce10 View Post
    scott we need to meet up some time if your back in pcola. im starting to collect parts for an l67 swap and i was wondering if i could get some help with the modding of the supercharger and upper intake. and yes you need to come out to some of the gcr events or the wiregrass events. im mostly running delta end wiregrass events this year. and have only been to one GCR event this year cause of no CAM class.
    I don't have access to the AL welder I was using, so I really can't help as far as modding the s/c. There is no upper intake to modify, the lower intake also needs minimal grinding to make it all fit. You'll need to modify the t-stat housing as well. Basically a lot of AL welding and a project I would never do again. Loved running it, but would never make another. lol. I had my kit for sale a while back, coulda saved you a lot of time. lol

I'll shoot ya a text, pretty sure I still have your number.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Light Throttle
    warshirke: ill pm you my number. the car is set up well for low speed its only having trouble with the high speed transitions. i need to keep the car loose to be able to make some of the corners how i normally do. i am thinking about making a detachable rear spoiler that i can put on and off the car for when im driving interstate and daily driving. watts like is in the middle now thanks to the true trac before it was all the way up on the top adjustment. i have the ability to adjust and still tuning but im thinking of keeping the watts how it is plus i need more front negative camber before i work on the rear more. oh and the auburn diff i blew one up in 6 events it was a factory one though thats why im running the true trac.

skimp: we be textin.
    Last edited by madforce10; 06-17-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Cool, I think I added you on facebook just a bit ago. I am trying to work out an easily removable wing and front splitter design as well, just need to get in the garage and do some work...

Are you able to get any 275s that are scrubs? That might give you just a little more stability. So many people are against putting wide tires on cars, but with the American Iron level stuff like the F-body and Mustang, they tend to put on as wide a tire as they can get away with.

Looking forward to getting mine back up and running soon.
    Last edited by WarShrike; 06-17-2015 at 11:30 PM.
    2000 Firebird

Light Throttle
    the next tire im thinking about getting are toyo proxies r1r 275/40/17, im not allowed to run take offs in my class. im limited to 200 treadwear tires which selections are thin in the 17 inch wheel going over a 255 wide tire. plan is to eventually run 315 wide tires on all four corners. but im going to step up step by step cause those wheels and tires get really expensive quickly. im looking at makeing a removable rear spoiler in the rear something more like what on the back of this firebird.

by the way how did blaine fab modify your global west upper control arms? im asking cause i still need alot more negative camber up front.
    Last edited by madforce10; 06-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.