Thread: More boost?

More boost?

I've searched and searched and have gotten a lot of mixed info ... I have an 01 firebird 3.8 with a 70mm on 12 psi . my question is how can I run more boost my tunner said there is no speed density ect so what is everyone doing to tune past the 1 bar???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

you can upgrade to a 2 bar map sensor and then use hp tuner to do the tuning. aeroforce also has a 2 bar map sensor upgrade. and the vehicle does have a speed density, but its a backup only and is only used if the maf fails. if using hp tuner you can fail the maf and get into speed density tuning, also known as volumetric efficiency.
    Last edited by SgtMarshal; 07-01-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Full Throttle Extreme! Turningfast's Avatar
    It has nothing to do with bar, but when the maf sensors range is maxed out. You can use a maf scaler or change the tune so the PCM does not cut fuel when it maxes. After it maxes it will go off of the pe tables. This way leaves a lot to be desired, but is how I do it. Search maxing maf sensor in this section and you should find some info.
    Running turbo car but.......for how long? up to 25#'s so far so good http://fquick.com/1SICK6
    11.63 @118.9 1.63 60' Best trap 119.6
    After almost 30k miles it popped, junk yard L26 going in with a better turbo
    Ooops, I did it again, lol.

Full Throttle Extreme! Turningfast's Avatar
    Also don't even worry about new map sensor, don't need it.
    Running turbo car but.......for how long? up to 25#'s so far so good http://fquick.com/1SICK6
    11.63 @118.9 1.63 60' Best trap 119.6
    After almost 30k miles it popped, junk yard L26 going in with a better turbo
    Ooops, I did it again, lol.