Thread: Best mods to get stock GTP 0-60 under 6 seconds?

Light Throttle

Best mods to get stock GTP 0-60 under 6 seconds?

Hi, so im picking up my "new" GTP next week. When i get my taxes back im planning to put the turbo kit from ZZP on it, along with an intercooler. However in the meantime, i would like to do some mods to get the car sub 6 seconds 0-60 (stock is 6.4)
    i was thinking headers, a downpipe, and CAI, and a 3.4" pulley should get me there but im not sure. ( i mainly want to get out of the same bracket as the v6 family sedans.
    any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, also anything i could do now that will benefit me when i do the turbo kit would be great to know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Light Throttle
    It looks like i will have to use either TOG headers, or the ported manifolds/powerlogs
    any recommendation?

Light Throttle
    Im trying to plan out builds, so im wondering what sort of power gain i could expect from adding a powerlog, ubend delete, CAI, and the 3.4 pulley. (along with plugs and the Tstat)

This is my first post on this forum. I would recommend going to the grandprixforums.net
    They have awesome info and very knowledgeable guys over there that eat sleep and breath Grand Prixs

I recommend this because it's been 11 days and nobody has posted to you yet? Weird...

What year GTP?
    I have a 99GTP and I bought the SD Headers off of Ebay. They are like $200 ish with free shipping. One of the most common headers for the GM 3800 cars.
    I recommend replacing the flexpipe that comes on the headers though as it tends to leak after a while.
    My 99GTP has SD Headers, I replaced every gasket in the engine since I had the engine out of the car. I also put a Comp Cam 76-802-9 camshaft in it, similar to the XP cam for lift numbers.
    Also, 105# valvesprings with new retainers, and seals, 3.4" pulley, open cone intake, and new stock timing chain/dampner.

With an almost complete in car tune, I'd have to say it's close to 260hp at the wheels.

With your list you may see 230 - 250 at the wheels. Depends on the tune and how mechanically sound your car is