Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driveshaft, Is it worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by caffeine View Post
    You must be talking about a two-piece driveshaft. There's no way the 3rd gen steel shaft weighs 25 lbs. Even going by feel you can tell the aluminum shaft is nowhere near half the weight.

Also, my aluminum shaft weight matches yours, at 11 lbs. My stock steel one weighed about 15.
    nope steel- I literally just swapped the one out of my ls1 for my aluminum one maybe 2 - 3 weeks ago

The steel one was a PITA to manoeuver with 1 hand at full length stretched out under the car, the aluminum one was a joke...there is a big difference, trust me...even more so with the 2 piece.

I had them side by side, it is way more than 4 lbs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Light Throttle
    Maybe the 4th gen shafts are different/more heavy duty?

dunno- I doubt it though- you could definitely use that thing as a battering ram and take someone's front door down though

Full Throttle
    driveshaft related question, are they the same length shafts on the t-56 and 4l60e LS1 cars?, like if I want one for my v6 is there specific ones I need to focus on?

Light Throttle
    Yes they are the same length. You can go back to at least '85 and get the same length. Once you get into the 200R4, TH series, and 4 speeds you will get different lengths. I have an '00 on my '89.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12