Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Thoughts?

2.4 whipple for your L67?
    [IMG][/IMG]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................. smexy. Too bad the Fbody's just don't have the clearances.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Yes please
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

dont ask
    How much taller is the whipple compared to the stock sc?

Also,
    Does the meth/water injection (as shown) produce any ill affects to the compressor blade coatings?

Rough pricing?

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by usd2sing View Post
    How much taller is the whipple compared to the stock sc?

Also,
    Does the meth/water injection (as shown) produce any ill affects to the compressor blade coatings?

Rough pricing?

Thanks
    No water/meth injection. It runs a water to air intercooler set up. Kit includes front heat exchanger, electric water pump, manifold and all lines and connections needed to complete install.
    The only extra parts needed for install into an Australian commodore is a tune and injectors.
    American vechiles may require some mods to accomodate some aspects of the kit.

As for the height, it is roughly the same as the stock blower, if anything a couple of mm shorter.
    Only really recommended for built and stroked motors. (or if you are a sadist strap it on to a stockie and blow it up!)

Pricing $6400 aud plus freight
    Last edited by Yella Terra Aus; 05-06-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: freight cost

Light Throttle
    how much power would you get with an l36 with l67 top end running 10.2:1 cp and the mace engineering A2A intercooler with the stock pulley size?

as for the price. is that for the kit or just the supercharger?

Quote Originally Posted by camarokid82 View Post
    how much power would you get with an l36 with l67 top end running 10.2:1 cp and the mace engineering A2A intercooler with the stock pulley size?

as for the price. is that for the kit or just the supercharger?
    Hard to say exactly how much power you would expect with that set up, especially with such high comp. Are you still seeing 7 psi? anything I say would be a total guess.

$6400 aud is the total kit price. For an international customer. It doesn't include any local import duties/taxes or GST if you are in oz.

Light Throttle
    currently I'm not running any supercharger but thats the setup I would like to get when I pull my engine apart for the rebuild this winter.

How much for just the supercharger then?

dont ask
    So the fitting and line on top of the throttle body mount is what?
    Vac line for MAP?

<< confused
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by usd2sing View Post
    So the fitting and line on top of the throttle body mount is what?
    Vac line for MAP?

<< confused
    Lol fair enough. It's just an additional vac source that this particular customer wanted.

currently I'm not running any supercharger but thats the setup I would like to get when I pull my engine apart for the rebuild this winter.

How much for just the supercharger then?
    The blower alone would be approx $4000, trust me its far better to buy the kit. However, if you are interested in running an air to air intercooler, there is an outfit in Perth Australia called BYE performance that we have worked closely wiht in the past. They have developed an air to air cooler kit utilising our whipple kit for the L67.

Also, this is really only suited to a seriously built motor, high quality pistons and rods, we also strongly reccomend a 4.2 stroker to go with it.

Light Throttle
    do you guys offer a stroker kit then? and what other supporting mods should be made?

do you guys offer a stroker kit then? and what other supporting mods should be made?
    No we don't offer the stroker crank ourselves, but Come racing and Mace engineering offer kits. I believe there are a couple of threads on here detailing them.
    As for other mods, well its up too you. new stronger valve springs (and rockers :p) are always a good idea with these engines. You will need a fuel pump too.

Pricing $6400 aud plus freight,

Question is the $6400 in US dollars or AUS dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Yella Terra Aus View Post
    Pricing $6400 aud plus freight
    AUD = Aussie Dollars

Which means $6400 AUD = $5987.20 USD
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast