Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out with the old, In with the supercharged!

Full Throttle
    engine oil pressure is non exsistant, even with the mechanical gauge it wont hold pressure. also it is now making some serious noises and has probly spun a bearing so on my week off coming up ill be swaping all the top end to my old engine that I know works, with an xp cam and hopefully a 3.4 pulley from scott. Should only take a couple days to do.

Time to see if a 250k mile motor can stand up to 10lbs of boost.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    So now that its been forever, I figure I should post some pictures of the almost finished version while its on my mind. These were taken before I did the exhaust and actually drove it but I have no pictures of it due to the fact I'm cleaning up a couple things and putting the rear valance on when it comes back from paint.

So here it is a couple months ago, almost finished.

Full Throttle
    additional pieces besides the obvious M90, are custom fuel rails with -6an quick disconnect fittings and SS braided hose, SJM line locks that are currently being redone as to a hoard of fitting leaks on the pre-bent lines, QA1 adjustable panhard rod, founders brace and panhard relocation, jegs axel relo for panhard rod, Autometer C2 trans temp, boost/vac, and AFR gauges, 6LE c5 rotor upgrade brackets, Stainless braided caliper brake lines, all new Stainless brake hardlines, Phab stainless 3" catback with slp powerflo resonators, and 6LE CME valance and OEM tips.

Since the motor had so many miles on it I didn't do a cam swap on it, but as I had heads with 105# springs installed I didn't want them to go to waste, so I installed LS7 lifters and yella terra 1.9 roller rockers and then felt comfortable with a 3.8" pulley on the car. So long as the motor dosnt have any massive compression leaks it should make a bit more than LT1 power with proper tuning. <I have just ordered hp tuners to start doing this. something tells me zzp didn't do so hot on my initial start up tune. it feels quicker than it was but not where it should be.
    Last edited by Ebony 4nd Ivory; 08-31-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Full Throttle
    I FORGOT......STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS! Ive always wanted this feature. it took a while to rethread the sir coil wiring through the colum but alas, I have my radio controls.

You kept the single belt setup even though I sent you everything for the 2 belt?!
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle
    The two belt balancer is on the new/slightly broken engine, and in haste while swapping parts to the old block I just said fuck it. I had already had enough setbacks and just wanted it running. Maybe next timing chain swap while the balancer is off ill switch it over, if the motor lasts that long. Plus ill be using that dual belt setup on the redone motor, once rebuilt again, when I shoot for 400whp.

and I kinda like the single belt pulleys, they look all fancy like.

Full Throttle
    Schweet. Super clean man, awesome to see.
    Daniel
    1997 Firebird - Powerdyne'd - Sold
    2011 Dodge Ram 3500 CCLB
    2008 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7 w/QDII
    2013 A/C M1100 Turbo 153"
    2005 A/C M7 153"

I never had an issue with valve float or anything
    Dịch vụ in ky yeu -tại
    Hồng Đăng in phong bi Luôn đem
    lại in the nhua cho bạn
    Những in thẻ nhân viên giá trị
    ĐÍch mẫu thẻ VIP thực