Thread: Car stereo

Mud in the hvac box again FlyinGTP's Avatar

Car stereo

So looking for a lot of opinions!

Here are the requirements, touch screen, double din, no fold out junk, I want to be able to control my phone app's like google maps, I heart radio, pandora, stuff like that. I would also love to run netflix on it for when I'm camping. I also still want to be able to listen to regular radio. I don't really care if it has hd radio, I do not want any xm/sirrus stuff. I would still like to have a CD player but it isn't a deal breaker not having one.

For the interface I want it to be fast and easy to hook up my phone/ipod, and easy to navigate.

I looked into the pioneer app radio and all the reviews are it requires tons of adapter cables, and is clunky and takes forever to sync up to the phone. I also would like to be under 600 bucks. I don't plan to run subs and I may run a small external amp.

I generally like pioneer's stuff. I like it to have as few actual buttons as possible. So the majority of it being touch screen.

Also I would like a simple hook up for my iPhone 4s and my iPod nano 7. One is the old style apple connector one is the new style little apple connector.

This system is going in my cherokee. I already have 4 alpine type s 6.5" speakers. I plan to add a pair of 6x9's to the rear doors or a single 8" sub. I'm just looking to add some low end to it I don't want something that pounds. I mainly listen to country, alternative, and classic rock.

So help me out!

Also this is in general because truth is nobody goes into the car audio section anymore.
    Peeing in people's cheerios 24/7!
    97 GTP & 00 GP GT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    hold on, we have a car audio section on this site.

the biggest hurdle here is getting support for 2 different apple connectors, the Pioneer cables are very picky about things like that, back when I had an Avic D-3 in my last car apple released a new iphone and changed it so it only charged through 1 of the 2 possible charging pins (the old big plug had positve power pins for firewire and usb, Pioneer used the firewire positive pin for power and the newer iphone only received charge from the USB power pin) making the headunit unable to charge the newer iphones

you want fast, then just get an average radio and shove it somewhere and put an Ipad (or other tablet) in the dash.

Mud in the hvac box again FlyinGTP's Avatar
    I'm realistic that it won't be as fast a tablet. I would like under 30 second sync times. As for the cable. Thy have adapters for old apple connector to new apple connector. I wonder if anyone makes y connector. I'm not sure how much longer I will have my 4s. My battery isn't the greatest anymore and I'm funking of updating while my current I phone still has some value.
    Peeing in people's cheerios 24/7!
    97 GTP & 00 GP GT