Thread: Hello from Kentucky

Hello from Kentucky

Hello everyone. My name is Roger and i have been told by several friends that this is the site for the true hardcore v6 gearhead. Ive built some pretty mean v8 vehicles but here is why im switching to a v6. I traded my son for a 1998 v6 camaro because he wanted a family vehicle for his family. Where i live when the name camaro comes up all you hear is LS1 LS1 LS1. I like to have things that people typically dont build and to my knowledge there are no built v6 camaros in this area. so i am going to be posting some threads about info on turbocharging a fresh built 3800 series 2 that i will be dropping in her in a couple months. with that being said if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where in the FI forum i need to post i would appreciate it. But i love this camaro as the ttops are original and still dont leak and ive crammed stereo components everywhere i could. Im peaking at 148.7 dbs and wanting more lol.
    Last edited by roger40033; 03-23-2014 at 05:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hope you're wearing ear plugs in that thing...
    ~Ryan

Oh no no. My hearing is shot already. haha but as well as doing the engine and tranny right my first passion has always been sound systems. If i sold what i had in there now i could probably pay someone to do my mods and have a little left for some mcdonalds

Just so you know, sound levels above 140-150 db chance instantly bursting your ear drums and damaging the bones in your inner ear.

Welcome to the forum though and I'm glad we've got more people who have a passion for cars.
    ~Ryan

So no more runnin'... Namrepus28's Avatar
    Hey, if the man wants to completely lose his hearing while driving a 3800 Series II F-body, who are we to stop him?

Welcome aboard! There have been several interesting FI builds over the years! Feel free to browse the tech threads, especially the forced induction area and be sure to take a peek into the F-Body General Tech area to see if there are any build threads kicking around.

There's even a Car Audio area if you'd like to further the discussion about your hearing loss and how it came to be!
    -Derek- *Canada Forum Mod*
    1996 Camaro 3.8L A4
    2003 Bonneville SSEi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidCamaro View Post
    "Cheat on her?! What do you think I am, some kind of an asshole?!"

Thank you all for welcoming me and pointing me in the right direction about my FI inquiry. I will most definately check out all the areas you all have mentioned. And yes I am aware about the db and hearing loss. At 125 db sound in the ear starts to be replaced by pain according to the Osha standard and I do require protection for anyone once i go above 100 db. I hope to start on my motor prep in the next couple weeks as soon as I have my donor engine. I have 3 I have to go check on but I want to go now. I even have a friend and his buddy who run a diesel performance shop who are wanting to help me build donna(yes thats her name). It is going to be sooooo cool to have the perfect sleeper car and with the help and useful info i have found here so far this build should be a great one that as far as i know, no body close around here has even thought of trying it. I live in LS1 country.