Thread: F23 Getrag swap

F23 Getrag swap

I am planning to do an F23 swap into my 2003 Malibu that I have recently acquired. I went to the local pull-a-part today and located the trans, axles, pedal assembly, shifter assembly and cables that I will need. Everything total will come to about $200. Can't complain there.

My question is........ does anyone know which flywheel that I will need to use? If I don't get any answers here I will be yanking cars apart with a vengence when I head back out there to figure out which flywheel works.

Hoping to have this swap finished and the car back on the road within a month. I am new here, is there a "work in progress" thread around here where I can document my journey?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Did you finish the swap? What axles did you use? And how did you program the computer to accept the manual? I want to do the same!

Search some of the Grand Prix forums, manual deals have done a few times. I believe that you use a manual 3800 Camaro flywheel/clutch. You might have to turn down the flywheel a bit.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)