Thread: HIDS on the way.

HIDS on the way.

Haven't been able to do much to the car due to the weather. Was looking around online and decided to get some HIDS. I ordered some LMC truck housings, and 6k HID set from ddm. I didn't really want complete blue, or white, so this seemed like a nice in between. Heard some mixed reviews for DDM but we will see. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Pacesetter Headers, TSP Rumbler, Highflow Cat, 3.73 Gears, Eaton Detroit Truetrac posi, Transgo Shift kit, SLP Airlid, K&N Airfilter, Free Ram Air Mod, BMR Strut Brace, 32mm Front Sway Bar, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK TR55 Plugs, Firehawk Ram Air Hood, Tuned by PCMFORLESS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Really loved mine when I did this upgrade. With DDM just stay away from the slim ballasts.

No problem with ddm slim ballasts here, thats what I use on my motorcycles. They actually seem better than the full size ones I've had from HIDExtra, the ddm slims never have a problem but I've gone through lots of full size ballasts, so many I gave up on them. I'm sure the ddm ones are the same as HIDExtra.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

-Steve
    1996 Camaro, in progress: mild 5.3, TH400, T6 S475, 8.50 chassis cert...
    1993 K1500 W/T
    1985 Yamaha FJ1100
    1979 Suzuki GS550E (cafe racer)

When I ordered them I did order the slim ballast just because no one ever said not to lol. Everyone just said get the slim ones.

But i do like the hids, and i'm excited to actually have some light on the road haha What temp did you get?
    Pacesetter Headers, TSP Rumbler, Highflow Cat, 3.73 Gears, Eaton Detroit Truetrac posi, Transgo Shift kit, SLP Airlid, K&N Airfilter, Free Ram Air Mod, BMR Strut Brace, 32mm Front Sway Bar, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK TR55 Plugs, Firehawk Ram Air Hood, Tuned by PCMFORLESS

Not a clue, lol. Its been too long, dont remember. I have the bulb in the Yamaha for daytime riding, people seem to see the light better, catches their attention. Sucks for night riding, the lense sprays the light everywhere and doesn't project like a regular bulb would. Can't see worth beans in the dark. My Suzuki used to have a 35w ddm setup, but I actually can see better with a Hela housing and cheapo Walmart bulb.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

-Steve
    1996 Camaro, in progress: mild 5.3, TH400, T6 S475, 8.50 chassis cert...
    1993 K1500 W/T
    1985 Yamaha FJ1100
    1979 Suzuki GS550E (cafe racer)

Yeah from what I've heard these LMC truck housing focus the light a lot better than the stock Firebird ones, but not as good as projectors. I got the DDM 35w setup as well. We'll have to see how it goes. I already ordered everything, have a feeling the ddm kit might take a while to get here though. We'll see.

These are really nice quality, I'm glad I went with them!

Hids should hopefully be here saturday!
    Last edited by V6Hawk; 02-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Full Throttle
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Hawk View Post
    These are really nice quality, I'm glad I went with them!

Hids should hopefully be here saturday!
    I love my HIDs. They light up the night! When they are working properly it feels like I am driving during the day. Yeah I think I blew a ballast. No biggie HIDs are so affordable now and everywhere. I do agree that if you do not use projector the light goes everywhere however at how low my Firebird rides I don't think Ill have to worry about blinding anybody 6000Ks here.

Except other people is low firebirds

You can actually be surprised though, even in my lifted SUV I still get glare from improper HID installs. The worst offenders are always the ones that are low and high beams in one housing though as the HID capsule almost always lines up with the high beam reflectors
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

Or SUVs or trucks with hids in stock housings. Right in the face lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

98 Maro
    5spd, Slp lid, Free ram air, Pacesetters, !egr, Slowmaster Cat-back, Founders Lcas, Founders relo brackets, 32mm front sway bar, 19mm rear sway bar, poly trans mount..
    Much nicer, better, cleaner, and most importantly faster than the old one

I got them in and the install was nice. It really was just plug and play lol. I'll post some pictures up after I get home. It really does light up the night. And I haven't been flashed yet. That's a good sign lol
    I can't tell you how many times I get hit in the face with trucks and SUV's with hids.
    Last edited by V6Hawk; 02-18-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Here are some pictures guys.

Sorry for the horrible quality my phone wouldn't focus at night. I'll get some better quality this weekend!
    Last edited by V6Hawk; 02-19-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Full Throttle
    I've flat out given up on flashing people with HID's it's not like they can just turn them off, and I suspect most people are like me these days. Don't get me wrong tho, when some jackass leaves his highs on, I turn mine on too and keep them on till the other guy turns his off (of course this doesn't help when said jackass is behind me). Sometimes I wonder if people think they don't have headlights on if that indicator isn't lit on the dash, I see people with high beams (and not the high beam as DRL lower voltage version) on at 3 in the afternoon on a freaking SUNNY day, and thats not even getting into how many 90's Silverado's around here have there low beam/ high beam backwards (inside high beams come on as low beams and outside lows as high beams).