Thread: obx headers

obx headers

they were listed for 95-99 3.8s. is there any reason these wouldnt fit a 2000-2002? as far as i know the only changes to the exhaust were tubular manifolds, but the o2 sensors and egr were still unchanged, correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-...p2054897.l4275

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i believe the EGR location was changed...BUT you could always get a EGR off a 95-99 car...OR just block it off...
    2000 saturn L200....RETIRED after 300,xxx miles of loyal service
    1993 camaro z28....sold to move home
    2005 grand prix....totaled
    1997 camaro v6 a4 convertable....being fixed and painted then heading for retirement
    2005 Bonneville GXP...the lead sled
    2000 camaro SS...LS1 stock block, LS 243 heads, 2004 LS6 cam, FAST 92mm intake and TB, hooker headers and catted y pipe, Borla 3 inch cat back with cutout....she hasnt seen a set of tail lights yet!!!!
    Dan

I want to say EGR was removed on the 00-02 cars, but I'm not 100% sure. If that is the case though just block off the EGR port and done. There is nothing else that is different.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

the egr was only removed on the race version of the SS, but i have a 2000 and it has a linear egr, and i believe all the 3800s do. what confuses me is that Pacesetter sells headers for 95-02 v6, clear image sells headers for 98-02, so why would the obx headers only work for 95-99? i'm thinking it's a typo but i'm still unsure, i've tried contacting obx and three of their distributors but nobody wants to pick up the fucking phone. thanks for the input guys. and i'm keeping my egr as it helps reduce nox emissions and i (personally) think it's designed to keep your car running longer and more efficiently

Light Throttle
    nope they still the egr. idk if its the same routing but looks similar to me on all f body 3.8s.

after doing some research on other forums (which i realize i should have done before making this thread), all camaros with the series 2 3.8L engine have the same location of the egr, and header bolt pattern, which means the aftermarket headers made by OBX, pacesetter, and CIA will work with these engines.
    new question.

will obx or pacesetter header gaskets work with CIA exhaust manifolds?

edit: it looks the mating surface is different, but the bolt holes and exhaust ports should be relatively the same size, correct?

get new gaskets, dont use the crappie paper gaskets they come with the pacesetters and obx is just a knock of the pacesetters, but stainless steel.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
    get new gaskets, dont use the crappie paper gaskets they come with the pacesetters and obx is just a knock of the pacesetters, but stainless steel.

do you know if stainless gaskets will work with CIA headers? and where would i buy these?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
    the egr was only removed on the race version of the SS
    All 98-99 ls1 cars have egr, all 00-02 ls1 cars have the ls6 intake and no egr. Z28 or SS, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

98 Maro
    5spd, Slp lid, Free ram air, Pacesetters, !egr, Slowmaster Cat-back, Founders Lcas, Founders relo brackets, 32mm front sway bar, 19mm rear sway bar, poly trans mount..
    Much nicer, better, cleaner, and most importantly faster than the old one

go to rockauto and get the multi-layer steel gaskets.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    go to rockauto and get the multi-layer steel gaskets.
    what he said, made by VICTOR REINZ Part # MS16099

Kris