Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Turn Signals

Light Throttle

LED Turn Signals

Aight so on my 1995 Trans Am, it does not have daytime running lights.

I have no turn signals right now since I bought the car.

I was checking it out today and there is no bulb in the socket lol. The previous owner has a blue LED installed in the socket towards the rear of the car (best I can describe it, see the picture to see which bulb is lit up)

So I put in a spare 3157 yellow bulb from my other car in the front socket just to see if they work and they do. I wanna put in LED's to match the scheme of my lights.

I read that you will need to use a different flasher? How can I figure out what bulb to order? I want it to match the color of the LED on there now in the rear socket.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Honestly the best advice I can give you would be to just order new bulbs for the front and rear. Are you talking about the Side markers in the rear have a blue tint? Or is there multiple bulbs in the turn signal housing? It's been a long time since I worked with a 93-97 bird/camaro.

So again I would just suggest you get all new bulbs from the same company. The for this is, because different companies will say their 6000k color temp is actually 5 or their 4300 might be closer to 5k. And thus you may get a bulb with a blue tint or more of a bright white tint.

So unless you know exactly where he bought his lights, it could be next to damn impossible. Some companies will also advertise that their LED's are WHITE, but in reality they will have a hint of blue to them. Doesn't mean they are actually blue, lights since they don't light up blue, they just have a blue tint.

You will need the EL12 flaser unit. It's a cheap part and plug and play. Otherwise your bulbs will not flash at all or hyper flash/blow.
    2007 Acura TL Black on Black w/Navi
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Sold

Light Throttle
    I'll pull the LED tomorrow and see if it has a part number or not.

I been reading up on LED's for like 2 hours, it's so confusing

Light Throttle
    And the lights are pretty damn blue lol

I'm a bit confused. What bulbs are you looking to replace?

I bet we could get you pretty darn close, but the picture up above this post looks like everything matches pretty well? The fog lights look like they are 8000k

Here are some pictures of my old car with 8000k hids.

Here is a color chart to help you better understand the rating of the bulbs. 6k will be bright white, with a hint of blue however to get the best output and most light you need to go with 4300. While 4300 will give you the best and brightest light output and will put more light on the road. It will also look white, with maybe a hint of yellow in it. But to match everything you'll want as close to the same kevlin rating as possible.

Goddammit I really miss my car after looking at those old pictures of it

I've gotten pretty good with bulbs and color temp, just need to know what your doing. Once we figure that out; I can get you pretty darn close.

Just let me know man, I'll help out as much as I can.
    Last edited by Screamin_99; 12-27-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold

Light Throttle
    The turn signal bulbs are missing. I want to get LED's to match the light in there now (the bulb in the rear of the marker light, I don't know what it's called)

And the fog lights are 10000k and the headlights are 8000k according to the previous owners for sale thread
    Last edited by xBrandonx; 12-27-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Is the turn signal bulb a 3157?
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold

Light Throttle
    I did not check the one in there right now but the bulb that is missing is a 3157. Thanks!

Okay, pull the bulb in the socket and see what it looks like. It's probably just a SMD led tower; the more SMD's on the tower the brighter it's going to be and since these are going to be turn signals you'll want them to be brighter than the lights they are sitting beside of, but you can still match the color output of the bulb. So see how many are on there and if you can see how much room you have to see if you can maybe run something with more bulbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Blue-LED-...14f02f&vxp=mtr

Those look pretty close, and are fairly cheap. They might not fit in the housing though, which would suck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281230659351?lpid=82

Should be everything, if you change the rear turn signals to LED then it may not work. Tons of issues with hyperflashing since there is not enough heavy load on the LED's so they blink faster than normal.
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold

Light Throttle
    I don't think I am going to do the rear turn signals, it's seems like a huge pain in the ass.

So those are 6000k, they should be pretty close then? They should fit? It says direct replacement for 3157 ..

I couldn't do a quick search and find anything with a 10000k rating, but these say "Blue" and I am guessing they are somewhere near 8 and 10k. I would email the seller and see if they can tell you what color temp they are.

As far as fitment, they will fit the base, but I don't know if they will fit fully in the housing ( they may be too wide or long to actually fit the housing ) Which is why I said see what the other lights are and see if they will maybe give you some insight as to what will fit and what will not.
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold

Light Throttle
    Ohhh, I see what you mean now. Okay, I'll check tomorrow what kind of bulb is in there now and get back to you. Thanks!

No problem man.. Just let me know.
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold

Light Throttle
    I'm just gonna order those blue ones you posted.

What about LED's for the license plate and reverse lights? Both blue

Quote Originally Posted by xBrandonx View Post
    I'm just gonna order those blue ones you posted.

What about LED's for the license plate and reverse lights? Both blue
    194 bulbs for the license plate. Careful though, colored license plate bulbs could get you a ticket. Not sure about PA but Ohio specifically states it must be a white bulb.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast