Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastest f-body

Quote Originally Posted by MacSteve View Post
    No gm 3800 v6 is gonna run that with stock suspension.

May run you into the wall though!
    Are you saying this because you have no faith in the 3800 motor keeping its guts and putting you into the wall or the suspension is the problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh the motor with enough mods will be fine. It's everything else.

And yes there are tons of vehicles stock able to do that with enough engine mods.

None of which are pre 2k
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

I am not talking about bone stock from the factory suspension parts. I am talking factory mounting points with aftermarket bars. You do not need race suspensions to do it... 4-links, ladder bars.....

Half Throttle
    What about fastest with a T5?
    2000 Camaro Y87 3.42s, Built L26, 10:1, ST5 cam, GT35R stock T5. [email protected] RIP 6/21/14.

You'll find out once you actually run it. Got a list of mods and some pictures for us?
    ~Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by evilkal View Post
    You'll find out once you actually run it. Got a list of mods and some pictures for us?
    I have been running this car for over a year in outlaw 8.5 and limited 8.5. There is a link to my build on the first page of this thread or you can find it in the conversion section.
    Last edited by upinthemgutz; 11-30-2013 at 12:24 PM.

I'm not sure your build is comparable to Tim's. Your using a series I block from a grand national we have series II blocks. There is a lot more aftermarket pieces for the Series I than there is the series II

I get what you are saying and I've seen some stock suspension "layout" cars run single digits. It is possible and it just takes the right setup.

Also I don't care which 3800 you use if it's in a 4th gen and running single digits it's awesome in my book. Haters gonna hate lol
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

oh no doubt it is awesome, any car running single digits is awesome...I just don't think it is a fair comparison.

I'm not hating at all, the build looks sweet, I'd love to see a video of it run, but comparison wise it is apples to oranges

I believe the comparison of the engines to be very close. The 86-87 block has no nickle and 2 bolt mains which requires a girdle to hold it together while a series 2 is a high nickle block with cross bolted mains like the stage 2 blocks from indy and busch racing. There are choices for cranks for the for the 86-87 motors from china, but there are custom cranks that can be had for both if you have the cash and time to wait. The factory 3800 series 2 crank is very comparable the the china cranks for the 86-87 motors. Aftermarket pistons and rods can be had for both. The cylinder heads of the series 2 3800 flow very well with a good port any polish job, and think i read somewhere that some one makes aftermarket aluminum heads for it. There are 2 choices for the 86-87 motor, the heads I have and champion aswell as stock 8445 heads. The fastest pass to date that I know about with a stock 86-87 block is in the 8.70's at 3350lbs. So to say apples to oranges, I disagree. But i am not here to argue the differences between the motors, I an trying to find out the fastest passes in any f body with any v6.
    Last edited by upinthemgutz; 11-30-2013 at 07:17 PM.

That's Tim king at 8.991 I think. It's an 8.9x that's for sure. Honestly with the aftermarket for the gn cars I would figure a well planned and built gn engine in a fbody could rock a flat 8.x

Was there not a gn with a ta block and all the works that ran a 7.x?
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

A local guy by the name of Dave fiscus has been 7.92 at 175 in his gn with an aftermarket TA block. The block is still the limiting factor with the 86-87 motor.

ZZP made only a few sets of aluminum heads.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12