Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: belt squeels

Hunting for 10's
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino2104 View Post
    Summer air in the tires can sometimes cause it too.
    Damn IT, It's always the obvious.
    97 camaro A4, HEADS, CAM, INTAKES BY WOT-TECH -Straight intake w/ cable TB
    536 rwhp @ 15psi On E-85 Tuned by Excessive Autosports, Sioux Falls, SD.
    If you cant afford to do it right the first time. Can you afford to do it a second time????
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic2340_1.gif

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Make sure everything is still inline. I had a pulley out just a little bit and and it drove me nuts till I lined it back up. Also check all of your accesories for noise, maybe its not the belt.

thank you for staying on topic....unlike some of the veterans on here....
    2000 saturn L200....RETIRED after 300,xxx miles of loyal service
    1993 camaro z28....sold to move home
    2005 grand prix....totaled
    1997 camaro v6 a4 convertable....being fixed and painted then heading for retirement
    2005 Bonneville GXP...the lead sled
    2000 camaro SS...LS1 stock block, LS 243 heads, 2004 LS6 cam, FAST 92mm intake and TB, hooker headers and catted y pipe, Borla 3 inch cat back with cutout....she hasnt seen a set of tail lights yet!!!!
    Dan

The monkey made me do it! rhino2104's Avatar
    Hey, if you don't like our little derailments you are welcome to vacate any time. It is just part of what we do around here.
    ~Dustin~ Military & Kill Stories Forum Mod
    1999 Camaro - Red, auto, not stock (for sale PM for details)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

See, this is what people don't understand about cars: just because I know about cars (especially these cars/engines) doesn't mean that if you describe a noise over the INTERNET that I will know what it is. Its like someone walking up and saying "my car keeps squeaking..." Well that could be a billion fuckin things.

Here's an idea, your "future build" isn't currently happening so why delete AC in the first place? Try a smaller belt, try a different route, make sure everything is lined up, go back to stock route until you actually need to delete the AC for your "future build." Outside of those 4 things there is little we can do for you.

Lastly try taking a video and posting it b/c maybe it isn't belt squeal at all.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Belt squeal is almost always caused by tension issues or misalignment.

Or a crappy belt.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

Scott...i did post a video on facebook. its there plain freaking day. tensioner clapping and all. i dont know how clear it could be. my " future build" has been in the works for years. and probably will be due to the fact that i have other responsibilities that comes with adulthood. On the subject of the a/c compressor. thats not going back in...period. the bearing is locked up and the compressor itself leaks. if it doesnt serve a purpose...it doesnt go into my car.

Dustin, some of us come onto forums to seek information on our cars. If i was on a quest for" derailments" i would be posting my issues on facebook...because sometimes i think thats what this site has become...facebook 2.0.

now...im all for fun, but im also all for fixing the issue....Thats my rant
    1997 camaro v6 a4 convertable....being fixed and painted then heading for retirement
    2000 camaro SS...LS1 stock block, LS 243 heads, 2004 LS6 cam, FAST 92mm intake and TB, hooker headers and catted y pipe, Borla 3 inch cat back with cutout....she hasnt seen a set of tail lights yet!!!!
    Dan

Facebook 2.0???? Bitch please, you haven't seen the real Facebook yet. There is a hidden world that regular users don't even see. A world hidden in secret, where trolls and the likes lurk prowling for the weak and ignorant.

But to not like our style of joking and derailment is pointless. It's good fun and if you can't join in than your weak minded and easily offended. It's the web, we won't follow you home lol.

Also so you know, intake gaskets......they can cause belt issues.
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    Facebook 2.0???? Bitch please, you haven't seen the real Facebook yet. There is a hidden world that regular users don't even see. A world hidden in secret, where trolls and the likes lurk prowling for the weak and ignorant.

But to not like our style of joking and derailment is pointless. It's good fun and if you can't join in than your weak minded and easily offended. It's the web, we won't follow you home lol.

Also so you know, intake gaskets......they can cause belt issues.
    i didnt know intake gaskets can do that, but it makes sense. no, my engine is brand new with the aluminum LIM gaskets. I dont wanna know what the real facebook. i cant join in the fun....when my issue is solved.
    Dan

You might have too short a belt, bad tensioner, or something along those lines. Something isn't getting enough belt wrapped around it.

You might need to play with belt sizes to get it right.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    And pics of manginas are abundant...
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

With people tagged and we all agree the one in te middle was Steve.
    Larry:
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car

Quote Originally Posted by 2001bonneville sle View Post
    Scott...i did post a video on facebook. its there plain freaking day. tensioner clapping and all. i dont know how clear it could be. my " future build" has been in the works for years. and probably will be due to the fact that i have other responsibilities that comes with adulthood. On the subject of the a/c compressor. thats not going back in...period. the bearing is locked up and the compressor itself leaks. if it doesnt serve a purpose...it doesnt go into my car.
    1) I don't stalk people on facebook. If I don't have a notification on my phone I really never scroll down through my feed. Tag me if you want me to look at something, Larry does it all day.
    2) I would know nothing of adulthood. I forgot I have a 50+ hour/week job, rent, insurance, phone, water, electric, cable, gas, a wedding I'm paying for, moving expenses, medical bills (surgery and constant infections ain't cheap), until recently a truck payment, etc.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

shut the fuck up and replace your intake gaskets pussy.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

I like to tag Scott. He be mah friend. Steve be mah friend toooooooooooo
    Larry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast