Thread: STS turbo?

STS turbo?

Pros and cons of an STS turbo kit? Anyone ever had one? Also, how daily driveable are they? It's my only car and it would see snow/salt/rain. Thanks guys.
    1999 Camaro 3800 (L36) T-5- Pacesetter mid length headers, Pacesetter Y-Pipe, gutted 3" in/out cat, Flowmaster muffler, LS1 driveshaft, solid trans mount, EGR delete, intake silencer delete, descreened TB, 160* Hypertech t-stat, Taylor 8mm "Street Thunder" wires & NGK TR-55's.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

there was a dude with an lt1 firebird with a remote mount turbo around me, but I believe he ran into a lot of issues with water/rain/etc and he ended up parting out the car. We just don't have much clearance under these cars to run one, I'd never do it to a daily that'd see rain/snow, but that's just my .02 cents
    Last edited by dugganzx3; 11-02-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    1996 Camaro RS y87 - 3.8L/T5 - Removed RS kit (damn previous owner), PCMforLess tune, "ebay" cold air intake, custom side-exit exhaust, "very" high-flow cat, Flowtech glasspack, A-pillar guages, 3.5 sets of wheels, GS stripes, flat black sail panel, more to come.

Hunting for 10's
    You are gonna go through alot of pain to get one rigged up. With the time and money you can build your own bay turbo kit with the potential of better power.

Things you'll need if you do put the turbo back there, Turbo, Oil lines, scavenger pump, boost tubing, BOV, wastegate. TUNE.
    97 camaro A4, HEADS, CAM, INTAKES BY WOT-TECH -Straight intake w/ cable TB
    536 rwhp @ 15psi On E-85 Tuned by Excessive Autosports, Sioux Falls, SD.
    If you cant afford to do it right the first time. Can you afford to do it a second time????
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic2340_1.gif

Thatd be hard to do routing from basically where the muffler is. Itd have to be cheaper running a front mount.

Half Throttle
    I'm assuming you mean the LS1 kit? Its almost 5 grand. Buy one made for our cars.
    2000 Camaro Y87 3.42s, Built L26, 10:1, ST5 cam, GT35R stock T5. [email protected] RIP 6/21/14.

I can get everything from a kit minus the piping for $250 from a guy locally. I just don't have all the stuff to make my own kit like extra piping laying around and a mandrel bender, I feel comfortable making my own kit just don't have the tools, lol. All I have is a welder. I don't see how much different the LS1 kit is from a 3800 kit. The turbo in the kit I'm thinking about isn't the original because the guy was gonna use it on a Taurus SHO and that's why there's no piping. My biggest and only concern is the daily drivable issue. I'm not trying to make big power. Maybe (280whp or so).
    1999 Camaro 3800 (L36) T-5- Pacesetter mid length headers, Pacesetter Y-Pipe, gutted 3" in/out cat, Flowmaster muffler, LS1 driveshaft, solid trans mount, EGR delete, intake silencer delete, descreened TB, 160* Hypertech t-stat, Taylor 8mm "Street Thunder" wires & NGK TR-55's.