Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 98 v6 Camaro won't go over 20 MPH?

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar
    I have a trans cooler, I'm not rebuilding it haha!

I think I'm going to shop around a bit...

Anybody hear of "transmission kings"??

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm proud of this car, it made it home.

You should of seen the hills it had to climb!

98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

Contact Forced_Firebird. He has one hell of a trans package forsale brand new converter and all from PERFORMABUILT. You will not come across a cheaper package and be brand new.
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

P1870 is relatively common, and can lead to such destruction if it isn't taken care of in time. Slips the torque converter lockup a lot, shreds the clutches, can lead to clutch pack and band burn up... Mine in my 98 started down that path, but I figured out what it was doing in time and fixed it before it killed itself.

x2 on what Larry suggested.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

S-10 converters make a lot of heat so make sure the tranny cooler is a good aftermarket one in addition to the radiator unit. The fluid looks like it got hot as hell and when the line pressure is dying, codes like the 1870 pop up among other things. A slippy TCC and P-1870 is a common problem due to a worn TCC valve bore and will cook the carbon fiber TCC plate over time but usually wont take out the rest of the trans till debris totally clogs the filter. Its a slow painful death.

Stromberger Performance
    For all your high performance needs

98 camaro V6 turbo
    428 whp for 600 bucks and it keeps on running.

Contributing Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    Contact Forced_Firebird. He has one hell of a trans package forsale brand new converter and all from PERFORMABUILT. You will not come across a cheaper package and be brand new.
    Correct. I have a brand new Performabuilt level 2 4l60 (non-e) trans with new converter unofficially for sale. It was installed in the car, but the motor has not been started. Will take $2k shipped for the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
    Correct. I have a brand new Performabuilt level 2 4l60 (non-e) trans with new converter unofficially for sale. It was installed in the car, but the motor has not been started. Will take $2k shipped for the package.
    Thanks guys but I need to save up a bit...

Well save up two k as that's a hell of a deal
    Larry:
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car

What's the " non-e" mean no computer connection?

Not electronically controlled. It's pretty much a manual/vacuum controlled 4l60, if my memory is correct you can install your electronics into it and control it like normal.

If you want a quick fix I have a s10 converter and trans I'll sell minus shipping for 300 as a package
    Larry:

Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    Not electronically controlled. It's pretty much a manual/vacuum controlled 4l60, if my memory is correct you can install your electronics into it and control it like normal.

If you want a quick fix I have a s10 converter and trans I'll sell minus shipping for 300 as a package
    Where do you have it at?

Florida but I might be up north again within a few months
    Larry:

so you'll sell it for 300 minus the cost of shipping? that sounds like a killer fuckin deal.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

It's a stock 4l60e and s10 converter out of ole blue. I won't be needing it with what I'm doing.
    Larry:

Thanks man but I'm just going to save up and get a built one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast