Thread: bent and out of round.

Full Throttle

bent and out of round.

So after deciding I no longer appreciate my 35th anniversary clones, I bought some used AFS C5 z06 rims of ebay. said the only damage was some curb rash on one and that they all worked perfect. Not so much. Got the tires on today and to my surprise, two wheels are bent on the inside and one is completely out of round. The shop has a contact that is able to definitely reshape the two but is unsure on the worst one (its 6.5grams which is apparently a lot.)

Im pissed but at the same time don't mind fixing the two if the ebay seller will pay to fix or replace the third.

Suprisingly with all this damage I still only feel a small vibration while doing about 48 to 55, and anything above 60 is unnoticeable.

I took 10hrs polishing these things cause they were awful, but they were only $500 shipped and they look really pretty on my car and I don't want to send them back.

I really need to know if the rims will be safe if they get fixed, with it being heated and reshaped Im just not sure.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just saying I had a set of Y2K rims I woulda let go for right at $400 shipped.... And they are perfect...

Never had to have a wheel worked on, so don't have anything to contribute.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle
    Trust me I stared at your for sale page for a long time but I just liked the z06 rims better. Plus a local guy Ive bought stuff from before has a polished Y2K set for $300 with tires.

Im asking the seller for the $100.00 to try and reshape the third wheel. Its that or he can lose the money I paid him plus all the shipping costs and end up with 3 shitty wheels in a set. I think Im being more than fair.

Light Throttle
    Whatcha doing with those 35th clones if you end up keeping the z06? I have always wanted z06 or 35th ss clones lol. If you sell I can come get em

Full Throttle
    Ill be selling them as soon as I get these ones fixed. $750 for rims and tires, $400 for just the rims. I have someone who wants the tires so if you only want the rims let me know. It will still be a week or so.

Ebay seller offered a partial refund to fix the out of round rim. I am happier now.

Light Throttle
    Damn that's pricey, but completely worth it. I'll let ya know. There were some replica z06 wheels in Albany with brand new tires for $300... I'm kicking myself in the ass for not driving out there but I was too busy at the time

Contributing Sponsor
    They will be fine once repaired.

Full Throttle
    Im glad to hear that they will be good to go once fixed. I have to send them in Monday. Hopefully all goes well so I can move the 35th clones.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Damn that's pricey, but completely worth it. I'll let ya know. There were some replica z06 wheels in Albany with brand new tires for $300... I'm kicking myself in the ass for not driving out there but I was too busy at the time
    There is a Y2K set with tires near me for $300. Just search the buffalo CL area if interested in a good deal. There is also scott selling his.

Light Throttle
    Ha was searching Rochester craigslist and saw 35th ss wheels for sale in buffalo. Was like hmm wonder if thats ebony. Then I saw your email. Good luck with the sale. And BTW I have y2k wheels already ATM, didn't see your reply from before

Full Throttle
    Yep got the Z06 wheels fixed yesterday finally. out with the old. Suppose I should do a for sale thread here too, but only for the rims as I still have the boxes they came in. If your interested in them let me know.