Thread: aerospace brakes

aerospace brakes

Has anyone used these brakes on the street? It is their street/strip version.

I'm sick of our brakes, and I don't want to add weight going with a big brake kit.

http://texas-speed.com/p-40-aerospac...brake-kit.aspx

I hear that you can also drop about 26lbs off the front end with these, which is huge because it is both unsprung weight and rotational weight.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would only use those on a drag car or on a car that doesn't have extended braking periods. The more mass a rotor has, the more volume it has to act as a heatsink. What braking upgrades have you tried? 98-02 stock brakes are a huge upgrade over stock 93-97 brakes. Hawk HPS pads alone are a huge upgrade to a stock 98-02 setup. The other option I've seen people do (with 18" front wheels) is to use 5th gen Camaro rotors, calipers, pads, and longer rubber brake lines. The 98-02 spindle caliper mounting holes need to be enlarged and the rotor hub hole needs to be machined to the size of the front F-body hub hole (larger than 5th gen hub hole).

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    Dude, if you could make money sitting on the internet with your dick in your hand, this board would be populated by millionaires.

My 02 doesn't stop as fast as what my 96 did- granted the 96 had abs delete and a prop valve that I adjust to give the rear more bias than factory and had SS brake lines all the way around.

I just bought some lines for the 02, so we'll see how much of a difference it makes

Full Throttle
    6LE designs has a braket so you can use the larger C5 rotors with the 98-02 stock Camaro calipers. The theory is to apply an equal amount of force as normal but further out on the rotor to gain a mechanical advantage while braking. I just ordered a set and ill see how they are in a couple months.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

Light Throttle
    even with cheap ceramic pads i can still out brake most cars at autocross. i had to add .5 time the braking zone when i co drove my buddies c5 z06 on wider stickier tires. believe it or not suspension along with tires effect braking more than just brake upgrades. as long as you can hit ABS your brakes are good enough. also im running on 140 tread wear 255 wide tires so i do have tire grip.

So no more runnin'... Namrepus28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    My 02 doesn't stop as fast as what my 96 did- granted the 96 had abs delete and a prop valve that I adjust to give the rear more bias than factory and had SS brake lines all the way around.

I just bought some lines for the 02, so we'll see how much of a difference it makes
    Really? I'm kind of surprised by that. I have ABS delete...just not by choice and my car doesn't feel like it brakes as well as it did before. I thought for sure the rotor/caliper combos on the 98-02s would have significantly improved the braking ability of the F-body. Even with s.s. lines.

Maybe that valve really makes a difference. Good to know.

Also, would hitting up a C5 conversion not be cheaper than the Aerospace option? I'm not sure what the weight difference would be over the stock 02' system.
    -Derek- *Canada Forum Mod*
    1996 Camaro 3.8L A4
    2003 Bonneville SSEi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidCamaro View Post
    "Cheat on her?! What do you think I am, some kind of an asshole?!"

My thoughts were the aerospace kit was still a smaller rotor so that you can use a 15" wheel still if I am not mistaken...where as the C5 requires a 17" wheel at minimum

Full Throttle
    Who dosnt want at least 17" wheels? I wish I had a set of 22s with spinning dollar signs

I thought the smallest wheel you could use with the f body was a 16".
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony 4nd Ivory View Post
    Who dosnt want at least 17" wheels? I wish I had a set of 22s with spinning dollar signs

I thought the smallest wheel you could use with the f body was a 16".
    15" weld pro stars

I hate bigger- I'm not even a fan of 18's being on cars even though my rears are 18's