Thread: OEM Wiper Arm Plastic covers?

OEM Wiper Arm Plastic covers?

Girlfriends car has these. Are they oem? Not surprised if they are, she's the third owner and its a 95 with 60k miles. Just wondering what they do and were they an option? She says I can have em she doesn't like them

1998 Firebird: Turbo Build In Progress
    NIC cam, ARP Head Studs, LS6 springs, LS7 lifters, Flowmaster catback, Ram-air mod.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IIRC 98+ got rid of them. I have them and think they look much nicer than bare arms.

Not bear arms.

1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Those are OEM. IIRC they only come on 93-97 Camaros.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    IIRC 98+ got rid of them. I have them and think they look much nicer than bare arms.
    this. i agree they look much better
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

Light Throttle
    I found a pair on a 94 firebird at the junkyard and snagged em cuz they looked cool. The 98+ wipers are a completely different shape. Does not fit

I put the newer style on my car because whenever I'd buy wiper blades the damn things wouldn't fit due to the hook being turned the wrong way for the wiper clip to clip onto the arm. I may still have to old set laying around, if any of yall are interested in them...PM me, I'll look to see if I have them, if I do, you can have them for free if you pay for the shipping.
    Proud owner of an underpowered Trans Am clone...3.4 A4 V6, Bilstein HDs, black 17x9.5 ZO6 replicas, BMR adjustable torque arm-trans tunnel brace w/loop-stb-sfc-lca-phr-poly bushings, 1 piece driveshaft, gold 25th anniversary style stripes, honeycomb taillights, TA f/r bumpers-hatch-gfx-door panels-center console.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    I found a pair on a 94 firebird at the junkyard and snagged em cuz they looked cool. The 98+ wipers are a completely different shape. Does not fit
    Can I switch wiper arms?
    1998 Firebird: Turbo Build In Progress
    NIC cam, ARP Head Studs, LS6 springs, LS7 lifters, Flowmaster catback, Ram-air mod.

I did......the early arms came with the aero-covers on them and the hook on the end of the arm bends up and back on itself. The later arms come without the covers and the hook behinds under. The little aero-covers basically serve two purposes: 1-looks a little bit better, looks sleeker...more aerodynamic and 2-the cover kicks up some so the down force of wind while driving helps hold the blade to the windshield just a bit tighter.
    Last edited by LarryMow; 03-27-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Proud owner of an underpowered Trans Am clone...3.4 A4 V6, Bilstein HDs, black 17x9.5 ZO6 replicas, BMR adjustable torque arm-trans tunnel brace w/loop-stb-sfc-lca-phr-poly bushings, 1 piece driveshaft, gold 25th anniversary style stripes, honeycomb taillights, TA f/r bumpers-hatch-gfx-door panels-center console.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy3800 View Post
    Those are OEM. IIRC they only come on 93-97 Camaros.
    Naw man, they came on Firebirds too....my 93 had 'em.

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryMow View Post
    Naw man, they came on Firebirds too....my 93 had 'em.
    Yep, my '94 had them.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

Light Throttle
    Fyi I snapped whatever little clips holding it to the arm itself with very little effort. So anyone trying to remove or replace them be careful