Thread: DA polisher

DA polisher

Is everyone still recommending the PC 7424XP as a DA? Looking to buy one and some pads but wanted to make sure that's what everyone is still recommending.

Edit- this is what I'm looking at getting with an orange, green, blue, and red pad. I think $169 is a pretty good deal for all that.

http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable...FQP0nAodszYA5w
    Last edited by skimphish; 03-01-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Had my PC for 5-6 years now and it works great. The right product/pad combo can do wonders to your paint.
    Nick | Car Care Moderator
    2006 PBM GTO M6 w/ Red Leather 1 of 370

Full Throttle
    Ive always just hand washed and then waxed the car. Now Im thinking I may have to get this too. I have a good amount of swirl marks in the paint and some very light scratches. Thank goodness for silver paint to cover things up.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

Yeah thats the PC that everyone uses with great results. It just takes some practice to find the best product and pad that works best for you. I personally like all of the Meguiers products.

JACK
    2009 G8 GT....New car!!!! Solo-Axleback Exhaust, Roto-Fab Intake, Superchips 93 Octane Tune, Nitto NT555r.....13.267 @ 105.85mph
    2000 NBM Camaro....SOLD
    1999 Jeep Cherokee....SOLD
    2005 Yamaha R6....TOTALED .

Re: DA polisher

I've heard lake county makes good pads. Anyone use those?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

In terms of Polishers, THE PC is very good and easy to use. However now there are better options or so I'm hearing.

Griots, Rupes seem to be making good progress and the Rupes has a 21mm throw on the LHR21. Thats a huge path to cover and It won't leave holograms like the PC typically leaves behind.

Check this out.

I may pickup a rupes for myself. I just gotta figure out what to do about the hard to reach areas, because the 21mm throw is a quite large!

Oh and as far as pads go, I like the lake county pads. They lasted a long time and worked very well for me for many uses before the velcro wore out and I needed to buy more pads.

I think the last batch of pads I bought were hex logic brand and I have yet to use them.
    Last edited by Screamin_99; 05-04-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Black on Black w/Navi
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Sold

Well this is a good polisher... because I have the same manufacturer and its working perfect. I think buy this in January 2012 and never face any problem in working. So I think you should go with it but mine is chargeable. I think this is a negative thing that its attached a wire. But I think in this price its a good deal.
    Last edited by Dorian; 09-25-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Full Throttle Extreme! FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    I know it's a little more expensive, but the FLEX DA is life-changing compared to the porter cable. So much more powerful and has a huge throw. I can literally buff a car out in half the time that I could with my porter cable.

The porter cable is still VERY good and very reliable.
    Shawn
    '11 CTS-V Coupe
    '12 SRT8 Charger
    V6 Firebird - 12.2 on 100 shot and 13.5 Cam only - GONE

^Time is super important when you have a wife watching the second hand tick away.*

*Yes I said second hand, not minutes or hours. Also, overstate how long it's going to take you or all hell breaks loose when you're a few minutes over
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●