Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 Monte Carlo "police interceptor" 3.1L?

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04LSS View Post
    The cownvic has a 0-60 of 8.2 thats about as fast as the new camry. the local police forces around me are sticking the ford 4.6 in the new sho intercepter so they are dog slow too
    I might be wrong but I'm going to call BS on the engine swaps.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    I could have sworn the new sho was a twin turbo v6 motor, not a v8. maybe I am mistaken.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony 4nd Ivory View Post
    I could have sworn the new sho was a twin turbo v6 motor, not a v8. maybe I am mistaken.
    Yep, it is.

The Police Interceptor model comes as either NA (3.5 v6, 288hp or 3.7 v6, 305hp) or turbocharged (Ecoboost 3.5 v6, 365hp or 2.0 I4, 240hp). I just do not see how a LEO fleet maintenance shop would break all warranties/contract with their fleet supplier by swapping in the old, busted ass 4.6's from the Vickies. Of course that doesn't even begin to cover the engine fitting into the car and bolting up as though it belonged there, the wiring, fuel system, or engine management. Hell the drivetrain is completely different from the Crown Vic's, you either have FWD or AWD depending on the engine and if the selected the option for AWD.

Sorry, that swap isn't happening. I hope that it was someone whom told you that, but why would you believe that for a second?

Here's some more information from Ford, with pictures and all kinds of cool shit to look at. Sorry no pdf download for a coloring book or connect the dots. http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterc...odels/#/sedan/
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

Full Throttle
    Someone once told me police cars were all carborated, and that's why they were faster.

People say a lot of nonsense.
    "I Am America (And So Can You)." ~Stephen Colbert~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12