Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: where to find an oil-pump belt

  1. #1
    Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston tx
    Posts
    4,077

    where to find an oil-pump belt

    Does anyone know where I can get a custom length cog-belt for my oil-pump. I have had zero luck finding a 36-38 inch belt for my DS install.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you



  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emporia, KS
    Posts
    6,627
    Start posting where you have looked, that'll help others know what links to not post.

    Have you looked into the major industrial supply companies such as McMaster Carr or Grainger?
    Bryce | non timebo mala

    Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.


  4. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sudbury, ON, CANADA
    Posts
    34
    Maybe ask this on ls1tech or turbomustangs or one of the larger automotive sites... ?
    11.92 @ 122.69 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C.
    11.13 @ 130.64 MPH 3500 87 IROC-Z Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

  5. #4
    (V) (;,,; (V) Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,033
    Is it a cog setup?

    ebay's got some belts it looks
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-07-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

  6. #5
    Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston tx
    Posts
    4,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Phoenix View Post
    Start posting where you have looked, that'll help others know what links to not post.

    Have you looked into the major industrial supply companies such as McMaster Carr or Grainger?
    This is the second time in the last hour (I was on speedtalk asking the same question) that I have gotten this advice. Along with Grainger, I was told to try searching mcmaster.com. I just have to provide tooth spacing and width of the belt before hand.

    BTW... I didnt know that Grainger sold cog-belts.
    (Oh, the things I learn from the internet.)

    Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Maybe ask this on ls1tech or turbomustangs or one of the larger automotive sites... ?
    I tried LS1tech. They were more captivated with the oddity of my build then they were helpful. I haven't tried turbomustangs. Hell, I haven't even heard of em before now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Is it a cog setup?

    ebay's got some belts it looks
    Its a cog set-up. Ill double check Ebay again.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you



  7. #6
    (V) (;,,; (V) Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: where to find an oil-pump belt

    I was just browsing and they had a shit ton of timing belts, just didn't know if that would work.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

  8. #7
    Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emporia, KS
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver_10 View Post
    This is the second time in the last hour (I was on speedtalk asking the same question) that I have gotten this advice. Along with Grainger, I was told to try searching mcmaster.com. I just have to provide tooth spacing and width of the belt before hand.

    BTW... I didnt know that Grainger sold cog-belts.
    (Oh, the things I learn from the internet.)
    Any engineer, or hobby engineer, worth their salt will treat/consider a McMaster-Carr catalog their industrial Bible. It is truely worth it to have one for just a reference point. You will be amazed of much you can learn just from reading one.

    Good luck with your search and hopefully you can get the belt you need.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

    Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.


  9. #8
    (V) (;,,; (V) Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: where to find an oil-pump belt

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Phoenix View Post
    Any engineer, or hobby engineer, worth their salt will treat/consider a McMaster-Carr catalog their industrial Bible. It is truely worth it to have one for just a reference point. You will be amazed of much you can learn just from reading one.

    Good luck with your search and hopefully you can get the belt you need.
    And they're free
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

  10. #9
    Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston tx
    Posts
    4,077
    I just looked through their catalog...

    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •