Page 1 of 91 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: What did you do to your car today?

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar

Official: What did you do to your car today?

Wiping the thread again. I know I previously said 75 pages but from now on if it gets close to 100, then it will start over again.

Today I didn't do anything to the car except fill it up gas and drive to work. I'm hoping sometime next week I can give it a good cleaning and possibly polish the headlights as they have some serious hazing left from the bug splatter left from last Summer.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Official: What did you do to your car today?

Attempted to start it, I guess my free battery can't hold up to the cold.

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    Gonna quit procrastinating on completing the accessory bracketry and finish that stuff up. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I will be fabricating a custom sheet metal middle console or just buying and bulking up a stocker so the compartment door doesn't break off.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

Full Throttle
    went over to my friends house and did the front wheel hubs, took about an hour to do both. they came off relatively easily a dozen or so alternating-side taps with an everyday hammer (not a "sledge" hammer) and they came right out. then I went over to my parents house (I use there driveway to get in and out of my gated community so I don't have to drive the crappy roads in the community) and took the motor setup (detachable) from the shop vac (basically an electric blower at this point) and cleared the ass-ton of leaves off the gravel drive so I'll stop spinning out when I go up there driveway, damn wet matted leaves are like driving on ice.

I'm about ready to shoot this truck.

Started the truck this morning, jotted down the odometer reading, and then the truck just shut down. Weird. Tried to restart and it won't even crank and the dash is acting a bit goofy. OK, if the cluster does weird things like that it is probably the ignition switch... Nope. Replaced it, still nothing. Come to find that one of the PCM fuses is blown. Swap out the fuse and it blows again almost instantly when I try to start the truck and there is a faint whiff of burnt wire or circuits or something. The heck?

*edit* found that I have a fuel pump or harness issue. The burning smell is coming from under the truck. If I pull the pump relay and replace the fuse then it cranks fine (won't start obviously). Put the relay back, turn the key again, and sizzle-POP. Dang it. Not something I can fix myself too easily where it sits.

This truck went from being perfectly reliable to full retard in about a month. Geez.
    Last edited by Sparky; 12-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

More fun work today. Replaced the front pads and rotors on the truck. The rotors looked fine on the outside but on the inboard pad where all the dirt gets stuck between the dust shield and the caliper the rotors were really torn up. Also replaced the idler arm and the idler arm support. That wasn't a fun job. Every nut and bolt is huge on this truck. I had to go buy a set of larger diameter impact sockets because I hardly had any that fit the nuts and the ones I did have cracked breaking them loose. Now the truck is realigned and all the slop from the steering wheel is gone. Ready for the next adventure.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

Full Throttle Extreme! Webby092's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat as Sparky, perfectly reliable to retard mode haha. Did the upper coolant elbow, intake gaskets, , upper rad hose and t stat in september. Few weeks ago car is loosing coolant again, and its spraying on the belt and causing all sorts of shit. Replace the lower coolant elbow, belt, lower rad hose and water pump. Now the POS won't start intermitently, and the tranny doesnt like to shift into second gear. So many problems for a car with ~98k on it, such a POS. For a 3800, it's giving me a shit ton of issues...
    Dave W.
    BOYCOTT Critical Customs LLC. They are nothing but petty thiefs!
    04 Grand Prix GT - Tinted|Tinted Tails|Comp G Seats|Thrasher CAI|Hooker Mufflers|Magnaflow Dual/Dual Tips|ZZP Tuned|5 Button Swap|ZZP F/R Strut Bars|6k HIDS|Pewter Interior Swap

I just picked up a DPF delete pipe for my truck from alligator performance. Guys are doing free shipping for any order over 50 bucks again so I went with them. Now a shop in baltimore is getting a dyno and will do the delete tune as all I need from them is to turn off regen.
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

Installed an iSimple AUX input in the truck. I can now hook up my phone and listen to MP3s and Pandora through my factory radio.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

Caned it a little after work. No leo's around and it is a two block run up to the freeway with zero traffic ahead. Came around the corner slow, rolled into a WOT pull in 1st, breaking traction around 3000 rpms on up to 6000 with the rear wanting to wiggle slam it into second and continue with more wheelspin, on into 3rd and let it cruise as I was already doing over the posted 50mph limit. This thing sure scoots, gonna need new tires probably by next year if I keep up these shenanigans.

I really love this car, hope it loves what I'll be doing to it later on down the road. Looking to maintain that daily driver status but with hopefully double the HP in DD mode. I don't know what I will do with that power as it currently makes more than enough to get me into trouble already.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

I broke it for real this time >.<
    They Have been rebuilding my street since February
    And they were supposed to put the asphalt on Friday
    Well that didn't happen nor Saturday, so they finally decided to put it today without warning us like Friday and Saturday.
    Well today I was taking my wife to work and I hit this

It was unexpected as the street had been flat for a couple of months, there were no gaps before today
    There was no signs or cones. I didn't notice it until it was too late.
    That's my under k member turbo set up

Turbo broke my fans and my oil pressure sensor

And my oil trail

The thing that pissed me off the most is that they put some cones for people not to by pass anymore after they saw me hit it :/
    Sorry about the rant
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Official: What did you do to your car today?

Ah I remember my ground clearance with my under k setup. I had to raise the front end a little because I lowered my car before installing the turbo and the car would literally scrape just driving down the highway.

Time to go over k now?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD
    -Brady-
    10- elantra- my 34 mpg daily driver
    02- camaro- turbo Sunday driver
    12.2 @ 112

Yup I have musicman's(steve) fff headers
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

That's a check in your mail right there, they should have put that stuff up before tearing it apart. Contact your insurance company, honestly. Did you get a police report or anything?

They did that here and a guy taco'd his rims on a 1.5 to 2" lip in the pavement (no signs, no warning) and the contractor company had to pay to replace them.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

Honestly I don't know how to approach it since it was somewhat my fault and theirs?
    That gap isn't there anymore though they Finished putting the asphalt :/
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Page 1 of 91 123456789101151 ... LastLast