Thread: New to the crew :)

New to the crew :)

Hey everyone, my name's Katie and I decided to join you guys on this awesome forum. I'm also a member of V6-Fbody.com. Quick intro...I drive a '96 3.8L Camaro that I just rebuilt the engine in! Project took five months to do and I just recently got it back and it is doing GREAT. I love sports cars especially camaros and firebirds. I've joined these forums to get connected and get great info on these cars. Any questions feel free to ask!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the forum!
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us. If you have any pictures of your car go ahead and upload them to the garage and feel free to make a thread here, http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...The-End-Result! , and show it off.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar

New to the crew :)

Welcome to the show...

Sent from an iPhone...sorry
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

Full Throttle Extreme! pontiacfreak142's Avatar
    Welcome. Did you do anything to the motor while apart or just stock rebuild?
    1996 pontiac firebird 3.8 - 13.6 @ 98
    2000 pontiac bonneville 3.8 - 16.79 @ 84
    1995 olds 88 3.8 - no times yet

No i am not obsessed with 3800's

Welcome

pics or ban lol
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! @pontiacfreak...we basically pulled the engine and trans, broke it down, cleaned everything, sent the block off and some other parts to be machined, painted some stuff to make it look nicer, put it all back together and took it to a shop to have the engine installed back in professionally. I replaced a lot of the little parts that should be replaced after 160,000 miles (plugs, wires, seals, sensors, etc) and upgraded a few parts such as the cam, headers, and clutch. I ended up doing everything for a reasonable price. It was a long and very aggravating process at times and by the end of the project I was so over it, but I can say now it was well worth it! My car had previously been burning through oil like crazy and misfiring more and more. But now, cross my finger, it is running like a champ!

What cam are you running now?

And welcome to the forum! After looking through your album your car looks like what mine used to.
    Last edited by skimphish; 12-01-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

It's this one! Comp Cam Xtreme Energy 255HR-12 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft

Welcome to the site!
    Matt / FullThrottleV6.com Owner
    Current Cars: 07 6.0L C6, 14 BMW M235i
    Previous Cars: 08 BMW 335xi, 02 5.7L Firehawk, 06 6.0L GTO, 99 3.8L GTP, 96 3.8L Firebird
    http://www.fquick.com/epic
    http://www.mattbohlman.com