Thread: skimpish vs madforce autocross results

Light Throttle

skimpish vs madforce autocross results

well after the fun event this past sunday autocross event with skimpish (which im really glad you came out) i secured my fourth place finish in the points series and monique secured her third place finish (although they wouldnt count the runs i did for her i took a full a second off of my fastest time to count for her). i ended up pulling an 49.752 as my fastest official run. ended up doing a 48.888 on one of monique's runs. scott ended up doing a solid 53.385. and monique ended up with a 62.662 and a shiny new ring and the new title of fiance. all in all really good event. scott i truly think you could have gotten alot faster i watched a few of your runs and i know what held you up (cause the same thing got me too at first). results are here its the 11/18/12 event.http://www.gulfcoastregionscca.org/results.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It was fun, I was disappointed in the 1st heat of the 2nd group because of how slow and disorganized it was (cars not being sent at the correct times, people not picking up cones). I also thought it was BS that some stations didn't have radios and I know for a fact a lot of hit cones were not getting called in because of it. Also them only giving us 2 runs for the 2nd heat was fairly disappointing since we should have had 4 if the 2nd group would have been run in a timely manner. But the first runs were fun.

My biggest problem is really my stall. Coming out of corners with this thing and getting on the gas makes the rear kick out very easily. If you've ever driven a stalled car then you know what I'm talking about. Next time I'll let you have a go in my car so you can have a real challenge.

And I was looking over the scoring and wanted to make sure I had this right, the points are heavily based on attendance aren't they? Like you have been 7 times this year and placed 4th, but you had the 3rd highest attendance. So that alone gave you a significant jump in points just because you were there more. Seems like there should be a way to even it all out with an average or something.
    Last edited by skimphish; 11-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Re: skimpish vs madforce autocross results

Y'all don't get many runs. It to bad you're so far away, in Dixie region we get 6 runs and its always very organized. Its a great group of people.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Looking forward to the day we get an Auto-x event here. It's sad really.

Don't know what group my car would end up in, but it would probably get tossed into something I wouldn't be very competitive in unless I got stickier tires and lighter wheels.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

You would probably be in Street Mod like me since we have around the same stuff (cam, heads, aftermarket suspension, etc). The cars that compete in SM are usually pretty damn quick. I was going against a Nismo 350Z and then a 07 Subaru WRX STi in SM. Both cars had me beat by about 5 seconds. This was only my third event, though.

And Justin, we were supposed to get 8 runs; 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. But in the afternoon things had taken too long so they said last second "ohey, ur only gettin 2 runs now." Wiregrass usually does 6 runs; 3 in the am 3 in the pm. I may or may not be moving back to PC here soon to take a different job, so I'll be closer to dixie...
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Ah I see

Also I usually run in STP since I get a better pax than if I stayed in SMF.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Light Throttle
    yah unfortunatly the second run group had our fastest drivers and the slowest drivers out. i agree that the event did not run as it was supposed too and trying to get heat in the tires was next to impossible. in past events with high attendance we have ran 3 run groups which worked very well (ill have to talk to romesh about it and see what we can do). i will say that this was probably one of the worst organized events we have had in a while but the club is trying new things to get more members involved with putting on the events and things will get over looked. oh and scott you didn't compete against the wrx or 370 i did (there in open tire). you were in novice class but you still did pretty well. you could probably get into the novice shoot out next year if you wanted too.
    for the points yah it ends up being an attendance thing but you still have to do well. there was a falling out last year that caused half of the club to leave and not come back. we are just starting to recover from that fall out so yes this year was an attendance year to place.

there is talk aboutthe season opener being at sunny south and that they are goingto be doing a beginner autox drivers school the saturday before the event. ther will be alot of seat time at the school and when i did it it improved my times by two seconds. also sunny south is out home area (they are the ones who brought back the ability for us to run) and almost anything goes there. i will take you up on your offer and ill let you run my car so we can make some notes about our differences. im planning on getting some parts by the end of the year. ill let you know when i plan on doing that so you can come help.
    Last edited by madforce10; 11-21-2012 at 04:08 PM.

I forget that yall do the "novice" and "open tire" categories. In Wiregrass it was SM vs SM, so you actually were racing the guys in your class, not by how many events you have been to. So in my mind (and I'm sure other autox peeps) I was racing against my class of SM, not the class of "novices."

And feel free to hit me up for mod help. I'm deciding my next step for mods, most likely will be fabbing up some TD's.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Light Throttle
    no the points series is not based on attendance. it is based on the PAX system. its a sort of a handicap system to try to take the car and class out of the equation. for every run the time is multiplied against the PAX factor. so say you an me are running and we make the exact same run time, say 60.00 seconds, i would win since my PAX is a .822 so my pax time would be a 49.32 and your pax time with a PAX of 0.866 would be a 51.96. this is what the point system is based off of. now attendance does give an advantage (except in novice) to promote event turn outs. so this year at the beginning there were not that many people showing up so attendance did play a big role this year.

planning on getting some strano sway bars at the end of the year and also some braided brake lines.

Full Throttle
    Awesome, Id love to try autocross sometime
    2001 Camaro 3.8 V6
    Silver Hockey Stripes, Berger Panel, Cardinal Red Camaro Rear Insert, 10 Spoke SS Wheels, Bowtie Center Caps, BMR Shock Tower Brace, Air Silencer Delete, Shaved Intake Lid, K&N Air Filter, Whistler Headlights, Eaton Limited Slip, UMI Rear LCAs & PHB, Nitto 555s, Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust, Pacesetter Mid-Tube Headers & Y-Pipe, SS Front & Rear Sway Bars, !EGR, !Cat.

Here y'all go, some pics of the action

This one I think is from recovering from a drift. The rear just likes to kick out so damn much coming out of these tight autox turns

1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Light Throttle
    alright scott since you posted up pics i probably should too. i have some good shots of the proposal. monique running with her mom. me running with monique's mom.

Light Throttle

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    I really do love the look of an F-body "still-shot" with the suspension loaded while its getting pushed through the curves.

Oh, I cant wait to get my car on the road again!
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you