Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolant leak!?

Re: Coolant leak!?

Is that fuckin Kirk Hammett?!?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

98 Maro
    5spd, Slp lid, Free ram air, Pacesetters, !egr, Slowmaster Cat-back, Founders Lcas, Founders relo brackets, 32mm front sway bar, 19mm rear sway bar, poly trans mount..
    Much nicer, better, cleaner, and most importantly faster than the old one

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar

Coolant leak!?

Quote Originally Posted by SlasherVRGR View Post
    Is that fuckin Kirk Hammett?!?

Yup! And me back when the "black album" came out... Here's another...

Sent from an iPhone...sorry
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar

Coolant leak!?

And this guy too!

Sent from an iPhone...sorry
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

Ok, heres another leak story for yall to ponder. This is on my 93 Firebird 3.4 V6 with an automatic. This morning before I went on a 100 mile trip to the dyno with some friends, I checked my coolant levels and everything was fine. On the way back, we stopped at a car show and I noticed a pool of water underneath my car. Leaning under the car, the water was dripping from the flywheel/converter cover. I just blew it off thinking it was just condensation or something from the a/c. Well coming home on the interstate it ran about 180 consistantly....but once I got into slower intown traffic, the temp gauge pegged out. I cut on the fans manually which brought the temp back down for just a few minutes but it pegged out again. Luckily by this time, I made it to the house. Got it in the driveway, parked and shut off....and water started pouring out of the same location again. If itll hold water long enough to get back/forth to work (1mile away), Im just gonna have to top it off everyday till I can get it on a lift next weekend to see about it. Do yall have any suggestions as to where to even start looking for a damn leak?
    Proud owner of an underpowered Trans Am clone...3.4 A4 V6, Bilstein HDs, black 17x9.5 ZO6 replicas, BMR adjustable torque arm-trans tunnel brace w/loop-stb-sfc-lca-phr-poly bushings, 1 piece driveshaft, gold 25th anniversary style stripes, honeycomb taillights, TA f/r bumpers-hatch-gfx-door panels-center console.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryMow View Post
    Ok, heres another leak story for yall to ponder. This is on my 93 Firebird 3.4 V6 with an automatic. This morning before I went on a 100 mile trip to the dyno with some friends, I checked my coolant levels and everything was fine. On the way back, we stopped at a car show and I noticed a pool of water underneath my car. Leaning under the car, the water was dripping from the flywheel/converter cover. I just blew it off thinking it was just condensation or something from the a/c. Well coming home on the interstate it ran about 180 consistantly....but once I got into slower intown traffic, the temp gauge pegged out. I cut on the fans manually which brought the temp back down for just a few minutes but it pegged out again. Luckily by this time, I made it to the house. Got it in the driveway, parked and shut off....and water started pouring out of the same location again. If itll hold water long enough to get back/forth to work (1mile away), Im just gonna have to top it off everyday till I can get it on a lift next weekend to see about it. Do yall have any suggestions as to where to even start looking for a damn leak?
    That's pretty much the exact same situation I'm in, I'm looking at it tomorrow, I got tires today. But at any rate I'm looking for my leak tomorrow I'll update and hope it helps accordingly.

98 Maro
    5spd, Slp lid, Free ram air, Pacesetters, !egr, Slowmaster Cat-back, Founders Lcas, Founders relo brackets, 32mm front sway bar, 19mm rear sway bar, poly trans mount..

Got my water pump in, which fixed my massive coolant leak. Car over heated got hot on the way home and I had no heat, ran it for 10 mins before I left and the same thing happen. The rad cap for wasnt fully on. I'm thinking now my radiator and or heater core are clogged up with something.

On a side note I know the problem isn't my thermostat because I don't have one in ATM.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

98 Maro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12