Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

[QUOTE=jamesklyne;1002054]My lousy guage flutters. I current don't have a tune. I ran a datalog on the OBDII port and man does this thing pull timing under boost... I think it was around 7.5*

I do scrape on dips.

Do the GM tuners have MAF sensor preference for blow through or draw through?

Awesome pics and clean ride! Don't bother with min-afc. Just save up for HPT or get somone local to custom tune the PCM. ZZP LT! MAF is an awesome upgrade.
    Also, 1+ on desperate need for a tubular k member and intercooling.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Keep the MAF blowthru and fairly close to the throttle otherwise air delay and stackup ruins the low speed fueling because the MAF is always one step behind. Mot guys park the MAF in the bumper cover on an intercooled car which gives about 2-3 feet length from the TB. That seems to work fine. Get on the inlet side of the intercooler and it doesnt work at all due to the huge air volume introduced.

Stromberger Performance
    For all your high performance needs

98 camaro V6 turbo
    428 whp for 600 bucks and it keeps on running.

Thanks guys. I only had to pay what the junkyard was gonna give him for it! The motor cost more than the car lol.

Okay, so far this is what's on order, waiting for delivery:

-60lb Siemens Deka Injectors
    -ZZP 255lph fuel pump w/ venturi
    -50mm BOV
    -3 GPH & 5 GPH Water injection nozzle for my DIY water injection kit (shurflo pump, Delrin solenoid, etc)

Re: My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

Got the last bits for my homebrew water/meth injection... Now to install it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Light Throttle
    That's a rare bird, it has the W68 Appearance Package, good luck with the build.

Re: My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

Got my 50mm bov installed. I like it's sound

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I am trying to figure out the vacuum lines or breather lines, whatever they are on the transmission. On top of my transmission I have a small line that has a tee. it goes to somewhere near the rear end and i dont know where the other goes. Any help?

Isn't it just a vent..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Update... Still running strong. Already ate one transmission and still not tuned or intercooled (never finished my water injection). Lots of power being left on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesklyne View Post
    Update... Still running strong. Already ate one transmission and still not tuned or intercooled (never finished my water injection). Lots of power being left on the table.

How is the car now ??
    Blownv6

can you give instructions on what all I would need to do this turbo set up and information on ho to do this. thank you

Replacing your stock exhaust manifolds with forward facing manifolds would eliminate the need for some of the under K exhaust piping.You can use the front exhaust manifold from many of the FWD GM 3800 cars ( Buick P.A.,LeSabre,Pont. GP,Bonneville,Chevy Impala,etc.).You need to run this upside down on the F-body drivers side so it will be facing up and forward,exiting your exhaust near the power steering resevior. The passenger side will have to be custom made to exit near the front tensioner pulley above the AC compressor. You can use the ZZP rear manifold for FWD applications (about $200) and modify it a little. Bring you Y-pipe together in front of the motor and into the turbo,plumb up an intercooler,etc. You can either notch your K-member for your exit downpipe for a little added clearance or go aftermarket K-member. A good tune is a must for any reliability and power so you won't destroy your motor.

If you don't care about your AC,then you can delete your compressor and exit your exhaust there too.

have you found a way to tune the car yet? it may be worth looking into a DHP, it should work depending on what make/model/year your pcm is. I can find a list of supported pcm's if you are interested. you can buy a new one for 250, and the software is free. the catch is that the company went out of business about 10 years ago and there hasn't been an update since then. I picked one up several months ago and have been messing with it to figure out what does what. I'm starting to catch on.

If you are interested, I will gladly help out with the tuning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast