Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

Thats the kit I bought and going to use my Garrett gt35r with a t4 and try and use my tial 38mm wastegate, if it fits. The one with the kit is a tiny 38mm wastegate. Turbo was a T4 with a .68ar, mine on the gt35r is .63ar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just bought this kit as well, I run a force fed performance kit currently.
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Quote Originally Posted by alex553 View Post
    I just bought this kit as well, I run a force fed performance kit currently.
    Nice , I wish i would of bought the FFF kit back in the day. Whats your mods? How much boost you running? Whats your turbo?

Im running a Holset HX40, very popular in the DSM scene and even more responsive on a v6. 24psi so far , stock engine, head bolts streched recently so going over to studs 😅

Wow 24psi thats alot, Im just looking for 10-15psi, careful with those head studs , I went back to stock they stuck too far out , the header flange was hitting them so couldn't get them to seal to the head.

Let me know how those ebay headers fit, youll probably get them on before me. Ive got a list of stuff to do before I install them. Probably be next year around this time.

I guess it will be a good time to test fot everything. Sell em to me to test 😅. I want to get everything going by october the latest.

Good luck, yeah I already coated them and wrapped them , hopefully I get them on sooner.

Alex553 you get the turbo headers on yet?

I sent them out to get coated, took off the oil pan to get a new bung added, and by the looks of it i should start on it next week. I also added 105# springs to help with valve float(still on stock cam)
    *Mods*
    Unnaturally Aspired

Good to hear, yeah those 105lb springs are pretty good, I've been running 130lb for awhile with the VS cam, will be going with a double roller and the ST5 cam next year. Should be getting my port/polished intakes next week. I won't be adding the turbo till next year probably. Need to paint the Camaro then engine work, then I'll install the turbo. How much was it to coat them? Jet hot gave me a quote of $900 to coat them in 2500 degree coating.

Alex553, quick question how are you running your maf without maxing it out? Since your running 24psi .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123