Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pic Request: 18" 19" 20" Torque thrust style wheels in black??

Quote Originally Posted by droccm98 View Post
    Thanks for the photoshop. and the other pics too, that special edition T/A with the 20" chrome torque thrusty looking wheels is what I'm trying to avoid having my car look like haha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

C6z06black.jpgcoysblackc5.jpg c5_chrome_black.jpg
    Which ones if any would you pick? First one is a C6Z06 replica, second and thrid are Coys C5. Are replicas off ebay junk or decent?
    smoothie3black.jpg

smoothie3.jpg

Did this wheel color change with MS-Paint and Windows Live photo gallery. copy the wheels in paint, paste in a new paint file, save as JPG. Open JPG. of wheels in photo gallery, change exposure etc, save file. Open edited file in paint, copy wheel, paste over original pic.
    Last edited by Beachcomber; 08-20-2012 at 09:45 AM.

using your resources i like it. and the top pic doesnt look that bad to me, maybe its because the wheels i think are staggered. rear looks like 20" the front looks like 19".
    imo if your going to have bigger rims, dont have chrome because then it just looks too flashy

I think mine looks good despite the stock ride height ( not for too long ) and I`ve only gotten compliments on my wheels.

20`s are definitely overkill however I`d say 19s are just right , 19" should be the limit..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

They do ride like crap though
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Koni 4/3 - Strano 35/22 - SFC - 19" Luff M1 Wheels - Pacesetter Headers - True Duals - 234 Cam - 3800 Stall - D&S Rotors & SS Brake Lines - SLP LS1 Lid - Detroit Truetrac & 4.10's - AL.D/S - PCMforless Tune +HPtuners - Taylor 8.2 Spiro Pro- HD2 Shift kit - |||| -- ---- .
    www.fquick.com/98vertFirebird --- www.youtube.com/dt262

I like the look of your car with the big wheels 98vertfirebird. Sometimes I wish I had a convertable When you say the 19's ride bad do you mean that you feel every little bump? And hows your tire clearence? no rubbing?

I dont know if I would buy a convertible as a DD again but I`d NEVER want to swap my car with the coupe or a T-top , I am totally in love with everything about it.

Well its not that terrible as you read on the internet but it also is at the same time , you`ll definitely feel the harshness of the road and bumps compared to 16` wheels with lots of sidewall.
    The first drive with the 19`s on I thought I was driving on the rims lol but I have gotten used to it , I dont have a problem with it now but its a little harsh on bumps which annoys me because the whole car shakes a bit lol ( gotta get those SFC`s welded in )

As for clearence , I run 19x9.5 in the front with no problems at all , and the rears are 19x10.5 with a very low offset ( for bmw`s ) and it doesnt rub during daily driving or over bumps but if I get a passenger in the back seat , its not hard to make the rear tires scrape to the wheelwells. But a simple rolling of the fenders will cure that.

I have not rolled my fenders as the rear tires have only scraped 2-3 times during the past year I`ve had these wheels on..

If youre wanting big wheels , make sure your suspension is up to it ! otherwise yes it might be a bit annoying with the harshness , I dont care though because I love the looks and its no luxury car its supposed to be a bit harsh
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Koni 4/3 - Strano 35/22 - SFC - 19" Luff M1 Wheels - Pacesetter Headers - True Duals - 234 Cam - 3800 Stall - D&S Rotors & SS Brake Lines - SLP LS1 Lid - Detroit Truetrac & 4.10's - AL.D/S - PCMforless Tune +HPtuners - Taylor 8.2 Spiro Pro- HD2 Shift kit - |||| -- ---- .

Awesome. Thanks for the advice, its good to hear from someone who daily drives with 19s.

Honestly I said 18s max because on a V6 it's going to feel like a dog depending on what wheel and tire package you go with.
    2007 Acura TL Black on Black w/Navi
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Sold

Would it be that much of a drain on power? I thought 19's kept the same diameter tire as stock and wheel weight was within 10lbs per wheel comparing 17's to 19's.

20 pounds of rotational mass added to your rear axle, youd feel it. same way people feel differences in lighter aluminum driveshafts.

I could upload a vid of my car easily fishtailing to 50+ , I didnt feel no loss of power whatsoever.. Lots of new cars have big wheels compared our cars ,its not like an F-body is a 1.6 liter 4 banger.
    I`m pretty happy with my car and its acceleration
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by 98vertFirebird View Post
    I could upload a vid of my car easily fishtailing to 50+ , I didnt feel no loss of power whatsoever.. Lots of new cars have big wheels compared our cars ,its not like an F-body is a 1.6 liter 4 banger.
    you have 4.10's your excluded from the topic of acceleration

Dont forget the stall since we`re talking about acceleration lol

But aside from that , I put these wheels on back when I had the stock rear end with 3.08 gears and it was still fine , the car was already slow but dont think the wheels made it noticeably slower , maybe an amount you wont even feel.. I mean you might not need the extra weight of 19`s on a serious racing car but you wont feel a power loss on your DD imo, this car is all I have and I drive it pretty hard and even though its a strict road car and also my daily driver , I`m all about the performance so if I`m fine with 19`s , everyone would be
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

I agree, it would have to really suck the life out of the car for me to care how much power Im loosing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 98vertFirebird View Post
    I actually would be curious to see this...
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast