Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for photoshop help to mock up crazy body mod Idea

Full Throttle

Looking for photoshop help to mock up crazy body mod Idea

OK, basically we all love the curves on the front of a 98+ firebird, but I feel like the rear severely lacks that badassness of a sporty car, so I have this Idea and need some help mocking it up to see what it would look like.

Basically I want to take inspiration from the rear sections of cars like the Skyline R34 and the corvette, with how there fender curl flows more straight back instead of rolling back in around the back so the back of the car is more of a flat surface with just the bumper "popping out". then use some more flat taillights like on the current challenger to replaced the curved tails on the car.
    I have attached pics for reference and will try to make some rough sketches tonight when I get home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The rear of the corvette reminds me of this for some reason...

1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle
    the thing I like about that particular corvette is how the tail lights are sunk in.

that corvette, i didnt like when i saw it earlier on my phone. but now, i think its pretty cool. the back window is perfectly solid black, the rims go with the car well. anyway about your point, i really cant picture this. the car is just to curvy and rounded for a flat rear.
    the only thing im able to vision is the rear as is, flattened, same tail lights and all and i dont like. but id love to see some photoshops of this, unique idea.
    my suggestion though would be to remake an older trans am rear end. like this sexy shit

Well, when I saw that you needed help with Photoshop, I knew i was just the man for the job. For I know how to use something like Photoshop, its called Paint. But I first decided to do a little research on what the back end on the 4th gen Firebird looks like, and let me tell ya, Google has nothing but pictures of Firebirds from the front end. So I figured that your not the only person that does not prefer the back end. But I did find some pictures of people that tried to modify the back end to their liking.

So..............
    on to your request for a photoshopped picture of one of your sample pictures. Now just so you know, I spent a good 5 seconds resizing the first image to fit the Firebird so I think a thank you is in order.

Your Welcome
    Last edited by firebird274; 07-10-2012 at 12:53 AM.

2001 V6 FIREBIRD 5 speed
    Mods: Powerdyne with 9psi pulley(currently installed on my work bench), Pacesetter headers, Magna Flow exhaust, MSD coils, 8mm wires, Whisper lid intake, K&N filter, Center Force clutch, and HP Tuners.
    2002 Savana: custom campervan conversion

Archives:
    2008 G8 GT
    Vararam intake, tunning, Android VIM (sold to some army guy)
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (sold to the ex)

Full Throttle
    OK guys here is a quick (out of scale) sketch to try to show the basic idea, as best as can be done on a 2 dimensional drawing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Full Throttle
    Quote Originally Posted by droccm98 View Post
    that corvette, i didnt like when i saw it earlier on my phone. but now, i think its pretty cool. the back window is perfectly solid black, the rims go with the car well. anyway about your point, i really cant picture this. the car is just to curvy and rounded for a flat rear.
    the only thing im able to vision is the rear as is, flattened, same tail lights and all and i dont like. but id love to see some photoshops of this, unique idea.
    my suggestion though would be to remake an older trans am rear end. like this sexy shit
    Well if my brother decides to scrap his 79 I can get those taillights in that pic. thats kinda what I'm going for in the general concept except over all I want it taller and I'm still in a toss up to use a low lip like that or go for the Trans am rear spoiler from my generation.
    But you see how on the older one it's mostly flat, but more importantly its almost the same width at the back as at the centerline of the rear wheels, it doesn't curl back in on itself.
    Last edited by Daniel644; 07-10-2012 at 02:17 AM.

I dig the idea behind this, but I cant see it working with out tons of work. I'm thinking leave the back end stock and make some over fenders like they use on the new challenger or a 240sx. You could make a set that bulges outwards and stays straight to the back, then it would sorta wrap inwards.
    1996 Camaro RS y87 - 3.8L/T5 - Removed RS kit (damn previous owner), PCMforLess tune, "ebay" cold air intake, custom side-exit exhaust, "very" high-flow cat, Flowtech glasspack, A-pillar guages, 3.5 sets of wheels, GS stripes, flat black sail panel, more to come.

look at mr.firebird using his resources lol, it actually looks decent to me. and if you know did that section, and sunk it in and put those tail lights, easier than re doing the entire rear and i think id drool..

Full Throttle
    Quote Originally Posted by droccm98 View Post
    look at mr.firebird using his resources lol, it actually looks decent to me. and if you know did that section, and sunk it in and put those tail lights, easier than re doing the entire rear and i think id drool..
    Got a link?

Ill admit to spending a little more than 5 seconds on this one, however it could still be a lot better. Also I did stray form paint, and used an online photoshop editor....
    The only real hurdle to this setup is if the tail lights from the challenger actually fit like they do in the picture. It would take someone to actually measure out everything and see if it would even fit. If the height and length are good, then fiberglass should be able to solve the rest of the body line problems.

EDIT: However, I do think that the tail lights from the challenger are too long for this setup. But ya never know, with enough money anything is possible.
    Last edited by firebird274; 07-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.

2001 V6 FIREBIRD 5 speed
    Mods: Powerdyne with 9psi pulley(currently installed on my work bench), Pacesetter headers, Magna Flow exhaust, MSD coils, 8mm wires, Whisper lid intake, K&N filter, Center Force clutch, and HP Tuners.

Archives:
    2008 G8 GT

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    Plus you might want to get rid of the Dodge letters on the backup light...of course it could serve as a safety purpose. You would be telling people to dodge you when backing up.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

Plus you might want to get rid of the Dodge letters on the backup light...of course it could serve as a safety purpose. You would be telling people to dodge you when backing up.
    I did not notice that.............hmmm.............clear plexi-glass might be able to fix that, along with the possible length issue.

2001 V6 FIREBIRD 5 speed

Archives:
    2008 G8 GT

Full Throttle
    I'll be doing some new sketches in the next few hours, I've refined the design some. Stay tuned. Also it doesn't have to be the challenger lights just something of that flat straight look, that they have.

I'll be doing some new sketches in the next few hours, I've refined the design some. Stay tuned. Also it doesn't have to be the challenger lights just something of that flat straight look, that they have.
    Well I'll be waiting for these sketches. I went with the challenger because I think that the circle tail lights might turn out looking something like the Firebird/Supra(UGLY AS HELL) I have pictured above.

2001 V6 FIREBIRD 5 speed

Archives:
    2008 G8 GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast