Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 steer-rack

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    That blows, probably too late now to bring it up with the person you bought it from.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    I only bought it last week. Now that I have some different numbers to use, I'm going to take it back and see if he has a true F41 or Y87 unit. My guess is that this unit came from a 2001 base model. I don't think that the guy tried to shaft me, but probably made an honest mistake from the orientation of the input-shaft. Visually, you cant tell the difference just looking. Im going to go back and try again tomorrow.

I only wish that I had the part numbers at the time when I went to buy it in the first place.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

Oh ok, I thought this was something that you had picked up a long time ago and are just now getting to. I have a collection of parts for my T/A in the shop and probably half of them will end up getting sold because they won't be used.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Quote Originally Posted by Rising_Phoenix View Post
    Oh ok, I thought this was something that you had picked up a long time ago and are just now getting to. I have a collection of parts for my T/A in the shop and probably half of them will end up getting sold because they won't be used.
    No... I picked it up recently. I specifically needed one of the late model LS1 racks for space accommodations.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

I hope you can easily get it exchanged for the proper unit.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Rising Phoenix. You did not get burned. That part number is for a WS6 with the tight steering. I know this because it's the same part number that's in my 1998 Trans Am WS6 Convertible. The steering rack has never been touched since the day I bought the car brand new. My car also had an optional performance package. I'm not sure the extend of that package. I do know it included a different exhaust. Instead of the standard WS6 exhaust coming out both sides of the rear, mine had one large diameter pipe that came out the left side only.

Quote Originally Posted by AZTA View Post
    Rising Phoenix. You did not get burned. That part number is for a WS6 with the tight steering. I know this because it's the same part number that's in my 1998 Trans Am WS6 Convertible. The steering rack has never been touched since the day I bought the car brand new. My car also had an optional performance package. I'm not sure the extend of that package. I do know it included a different exhaust. Instead of the standard WS6 exhaust coming out both sides of the rear, mine had one large diameter pipe that came out the left side only.
    Your WS6 used THIS part number??
    ...I promise you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12