Thread: Mustang Refresh

Mustang Refresh

My girlfriend Jessica has been driving a v6 mustang for the past few years as a commuter for work and school. Its time to replace the wheels/tires, shocks & springs. Its time to just getting it handling better and make it more fun.

Not sure which direction to do with either the wheels or suspension. We both like the FR500 wheels in a few finishes so thats the wheels we will probably go with.
    As far as suspension this car is a 4x4 and needs to come down. So what shocks & springs are recommended for this car? Any other supporting mods that need to be done? Sways Bars? LCAs?

This car does have big plans in the future, so I would like to start heading in that direction slowly, carefully selecting springs and other suspension pieces.

Im going to start treating this car like my own, shes going to be getting another DD soon and this will be my dedicated road race/ road course car! stripped and all.

We are also going to put a bullitt mustang chin spoiler on it I think. I saw I could pick one up pretty cheap and they look pretty cool.
    -Jonathan-

Supercharged///260 Rwhp 285 Rwtq flickr
    Automotive Photography

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned

~~~~~~~~~

Oh, that's Great Sir !!

Full Throttle Extreme! FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    Uh oh...mod money into two cars?

I realize this is an old post bumped by some douche, but I never saw it before, lol.
    Shawn
    '11 CTS-V Coupe
    '12 SRT8 Charger
    V6 Firebird - 12.2 on 100 shot and 13.5 Cam only - GONE

I too never saw this... The douche has been banned.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    I too never saw this... The douche has been banned.
    Omg, you banned him or her for that? Oh well, lock this thread.

Sent from the best phone in the world, the iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hevymetalg View Post

You obviously dont know spam when you see it... This forum has had a great deal of spam in it recently, just single post accounts that all say something like "that is great sir!" or "this is awesome!" This account was created today just to say "that is great sir!" with some squigglies above it. I just dont buy it, joining a V6 Fbody forum just to say something in the Mustang section?
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    You obviously dont know spam when you see it... This forum has had a great deal of spam in it recently, just single post accounts that all say something like "that is great sir!" or "this is awesome!" This account was created today just to say "that is great sir!" with some squigglies above it. I just dont buy it, joining a V6 Fbody forum just to say something in the Mustang section?
    Huh? I guess I never see the spam cause I use my phone 99.9% of the time. Don't you think threads that are dormant for a certain period of time should automatically lock? Idk if that even possible?

lol I forgot all about this.
    -Jonathan-

Supercharged///260 Rwhp 285 Rwtq flickr
    Automotive Photography

does that mean all these plans flopped? lol

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    When the forum is getting similar posts by recently joined members on either a daily or every other day basis, the bannings start to come out. Also you tend to start recognizing what is a real post and what is at best we can call a spam post. Myself and the rest of the moderator team have been dealing with this same group of or individual douchebags for some time now. Usually the posts are deleted so other members do not need to see it. As far as locking the thread, to hell with that. Delete the infractory post and move on, end of story.

Don't you think threads that are dormant for a certain period of time should automatically lock?
    No, because old threads can become relevant again. The easiest way to spot a spammer is that they are the ones digging through some random old thread and posting up their stupid one liners that make a bad chinese movie look good.

Thanks Scott for catching this. I was about to delete the post, but I think it would serve better to show everyone else what they have been missing out on.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.