Thread: Questions on R/R a 45T65E-HD out of a GTP

Questions on R/R a 45T65E-HD out of a GTP

Hello I'm a newbie looking to start with my first project and found a modded out GTP with a blown trans (only drives in 1st). I have found a few used take out trans but most places around here charge $400 to r/r the trans. Anyone done this that can elaborate on what is details (pics would be helpful)? How hard is this and what special tools or procedures are needed?

Thanks

Joe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not bad at all gwt the car up on stands support front of core support were craddle bolts up use a 4x4 or you can buy the rig that goes across the the strut towers to hold engine up once engine is secure unbolt trans and flywheel bolts pop axle shafts and unhook wires and linkage.
    Now unbolt driver side ball joint and remove strut ass.
    Then unbolt craddle and swing out of the way on the pass side ball joint and loer trans out of the way.
    Also if you want a good built trans google Tim King he is the man!!

were are located if youve never tackled one they can be tricky u do need to support the engine and make sure it stays even u have to remove the sub frame un bolt the rack and pinion u can leave the struts in place make life easier on the install to have all 4 wheels blocked up so the car is level

I'm in Chicago. I put the project ideas on hold for now but will be looking to get back to it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PRICES GRAGE View Post
    were are located if youve never tackled one they can be tricky u do need to support the engine and make sure it stays even u have to remove the sub frame un bolt the rack and pinion u can leave the struts in place make life easier on the install to have all 4 wheels blocked up so the car is level