+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help please! 3.4l 94 camaro problems

Hello i have a 94 3.4l camaro the problems i am having are: high idle ( the car idles around 1400-2000k rpms) and in the mornings i have to start the car up two or three times before it will stay running. also my biggest problem is when i am driving and i put the gas pedal to the floor the car does not have any get up and go like there is no power just gradually increases in speed and the car shakes when accelerating. any ideas or suggestions would be great. the car has dual 80s series flowmasters , k&n filter and thats all i believe
    Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Check fuel injectors(clogged of shorting out)??
    Check fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

1991 Camaro Rs Turbo 3.1L GT3582
    1/4 mile 12.88@104mph 60 foot time of 1.76

1998 Grand Prix L67 Swap
    1/4 mile 14.19@96mph

thanks for quick reply, could u elaborate on how to check those? thanks

Ok to check the fuel pressure, you will need to find your port on the fuel rail, its a shreder valve(same as a tire valve that you put air in). When you find that you need to find or borrow a fuel pressure guage, and see what the pressure is. It should be close to 43.5Psi when the cars ignition is on but not running. When the car is running this will drop about 10 psi. So when the cars running it should be a steady 33.5Psi or so. Drive it arround while watching the pressure on the guage, the fuel port should be in the back of the intake manifold.

For the injectors the best way to really test them is to remove them and check the resistance, which should be about 11.2 ohms at room tempeture if i remember right. Also you can actually remove the fuel rail, and leave the injectors attatched and have some one try starting the car and then while there doing that you look at the injectors to see if they all pulsate and are not clogged.

If fuel pressure is low change the fuel filter first since its cheep and its good matenence.

I have a 3.1l camaro which is almost the same exact car you have, so this info should be ok. Someone will chime in if im wrong on this but these methods worked for me when i was having fueling problems, if thats the issue your having.
    Last edited by fasteddi; 01-17-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks alot i will look into this tomorrow. thanks for quick response
    94 3.4l v6....in the process of being fixed.

No problem, hope ya get her fixed!

1991 Camaro Rs Turbo 3.1L GT3582
    1/4 mile 12.88@104mph 60 foot time of 1.76

1998 Grand Prix L67 Swap
    1/4 mile 14.19@96mph

Fuel problems would not cause the car to idle high but would cause a rough idle or no start . I would check for vacuum leaks first, check all vacuum hoses for cracks and loose fittings. You can also pull and read your spark plugs.

thanks i was going to try and look today but bipolar fl weather decided to rain and i could not look under the hood today

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    A high idle screams "exhaust leak" to me. I would check that too.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

Full Throttle Extreme! xxBatmobilexx's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxCondensation PSN ID: PLATNIM

For the acceleration loss, if the fuel pressure is low, i would check the fuel filter and see if its stock or has been replaced. I would try seafoaming it through the gas tank and intake as well. Any codes?
    2005 Acura RSX - Stock
    2000 Firebird - Borla Pro XS 2.5in Catback, Magnaflow High Flow Cat , Whisper Lid, 3:42 Tuned by PCMforLess. Sold.
    -Kyle-

I guess i should mention that it there is a STRONG gasoline smell all the time whenever the car is on driving and just idling, whenever i press or depress the accelerator i can here a high pitch whistle type noise like a high pitch hissing sound??? (vacuum leak maybe?) thanks for the help everyone greatly appreciated.

also i have seafoamed the car thru the gas tank and brake booster

Full Throttle Extreme! xxBatmobilexx's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxCondensation PSN ID: PLATNIM

Hissing sound and high idle and power loss = vacuum leak. Check all your vacuum lines. Best thing to do is get some dawn or some kind of detergent, mix with water in a spray bottle and spray all your vacuum lines, and where there is a leak you will see bubbles. Best of luck!
    2005 Acura RSX - Stock
    2000 Firebird - Borla Pro XS 2.5in Catback, Magnaflow High Flow Cat , Whisper Lid, 3:42 Tuned by PCMforLess. Sold.
    -Kyle-

ok i will look today, where should i mainly be looking fo leaks? which vacuum lines?
    also no codes

Contributing Sponsor
    Where in Florida?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast