Thread: Headers Question

Headers Question

I was not sure where to post this or who to ask, or where. So here's giving it a shot. And I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place on site.

Anyways..
    I am having a tough time trying to locate headers for a '99 V6 Firebird.

Was hoping someone here would have suggestions/websites, as all I can find are for V8 and such.

Thank you for any information. Very appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1209/ lots of places other than sell them too
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears

How big are your pockets? EBay has stainless steel Obx. Or you can find pacesetters just about anywhere.
    1999 Camaro A4 3.8L soon to be LS1 swapped
    2010 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2l
    -Brian

I'd go Summit especially if you live near Ohio, super fast shipping. Other than that, just go to wherever you can get them the cheapest from, but BEWARE, there are 2 versions, The Armor Coated ones, and the Painted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jquintel View Post
    I'd go Summit especially if you live near Ohio, super fast shipping. Other than that, just go to wherever you can get them the cheapest from, but BEWARE, there are 2 versions, The Armor Coated ones, and the Painted ones.
    And the already mentioned stainless ones from OBX. I typically don't recommend OBX since they are just a company that copies others designs but in this case since they are stainless for the same price I would go with them. Stainless just holds up much better over time, even than the coated pacesetters.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Full Throttle Extreme! FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    Unlike Tpunk, I almost always recommend OBX if they're offered for a car, lol. I could care less about copying a non-patented design. If I did I wouldn't have some cheap-ass $300 ebay headers on my vette. They're not even OBX...just unbranded longtubes OBX didn't offer C6 headers when I bought mine though. Had they I would've bought them.

Good product for a good price. My cousin has OBX on his firebird and likes them.
    Shawn
    '11 CTS-V Coupe
    '12 SRT8 Charger
    V6 Firebird - 12.2 on 100 shot and 13.5 Cam only - GONE

I wouldnt mind getting a set of OBX if I had to get headers again. SS looks amazing and last a long time. At some point Im going to need to take my headers off and repaint them as they are starting to get some spots on them...
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle
    when my painted pacestters rust out im buying a ls2 lol but i have heard good things about obx. plus i buy ebay stuff all the time havent had a problem yet
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears