Thread: Anyone one got experience chopping Eibachs?

Anyone one got experience chopping Eibachs?

Im getting my new bump stops in pretty soon (drivers side is missing it) and I was wanting to correct my cars stance the cheap way for now, till I get a V6 prokit. It currently has a V8 prokit on it so the nose sits kinda high, I just wanna bring it down 1/2"-1" so it sits right. Just curious how much I should take off to start.
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7444_1.gif

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wouldn't chop a progressive rate spring, you'll mess up the spring rate. Why can't you just wait for the V6 set?
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Hunting for 10's
    So you want looks over function?
    97 camaro A4, HEADS, CAM, INTAKES BY WOT-TECH -Straight intake w/ cable TB
    536 rwhp @ 15psi On E-85 Tuned by Excessive Autosports, Sioux Falls, SD.
    If you cant afford to do it right the first time. Can you afford to do it a second time????
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic2340_1.gif

Dont do it, it will mess up spring rate.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Well cutting any springs in my opinion is a bad idea so don't do that. Now that we are past that why do you want a set of springs from Eibach? There are some better options out there for handling (Strano, Hotchkis, BMR). Also check to see if your car still has the rubber isolators on top of the rear springs. That would account for the half inch difference from front to back as well. Eibach springs are known to sag as well so know that going in before you get a new set either.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Use a torch instead.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Tpunk View Post
    Also check to see if your car still has the rubber isolators on top of the rear springs.
    not sure what your speaking of

Wouldn't that just make the back sit higher if they are still there? I dont want to bring the back up any higher it sits pretty good.
    Last edited by ANGRY BIRD; 12-29-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Ok, think this through. You're thinking that the front is too high because of the V8 springs. This is possible but it is probably not the case. If they are LS1 V8 springs then they should work as there is little difference in weight from the iron block v6 and the aluminum V8. So if we take that out of the equation then we are left with two other strong possibilities. 1, the rear springs have sagged, or 2 they were installed without the rubber spring isolators. Without the spring isolators no matter what springs you get it won't look even unless you get some ground control adjustable coil overs or something similar. So look and see if there is a huge peice of rubber on top of your rear springs or if there is just some heater hose over the top coil of the spring.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Tpunk View Post
    Ok, think this through. You're thinking that the front is too high because of the V8 springs. This is possible but it is probably not the case. If they are LS1 V8 springs then they should work as there is little difference in weight from the iron block v6 and the aluminum V8. So if we take that out of the equation then we are left with two other strong possibilities. 1, the rear springs have sagged, or 2 they were installed without the rubber spring isolators. Without the spring isolators no matter what springs you get it won't look even unless you get some ground control adjustable coil overs or something similar. So look and see if there is a huge peice of rubber on top of your rear springs or if there is just some heater hose over the top coil of the spring.
    Thanks, I will next time I get a chance