Thread: I'm looking for feedback, come inside.

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar

I'm looking for feedback, come inside.

I'm asking for some feedback on site features including write ups, yes I already know about the FAQ section so don't mention it.

I put out a bare bones how to for using the search feature. I plan on making it fancier with pictures and will be channeling some Tom and show off some MS Paint skills with these screen captures. What does everyone think of it so far, anything you would like to add to it or like to see? I know that it is locked from most people being able to post in it, but I would rather this thread get cluttered up with a bunch of "looks good to me" responses.

Also, I'd like anyone to point out anything that they feel needs to be addressed or improved. Perhaps there is something that you have seen on other forums and would like to see here. This is an open invitation for anyone to give a useful, well thought out idea.

I do have a few ideas that I plan on bouncing around with the Epic and the rest of the staff before putting them into place. Please do not feel that your join date or post count will keep me from listening to your opinion.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Was fed after midnight Rising_Phoenix's Avatar
    So for the 43 people or 43 times that this was looked at prior to me opening it and making this comment, I wasn't joking about asking for opinions. I didn't waste my time to type something up that relates back to how the site looks, what we have on here or anything in general. I give everyone an option to say something and not a single person can muster up an opinion? Thanks.
    Bryce | non timebo mala

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking.

can yall put a fbook login on hear?

also what about a paint and body section with how to s and stuff like that

Hey Bryce, just saw the post. That's a good basic instruction on the search function. Tom-esque mspaint will help those that are more visually inclined.

I honestly don't have any problems with using the search functions. I usually have a good idea where the information is that I'm searching for so I go to the section and then use the "search this forum" drop down tab. I'm willing to bet some of the traffic on the thread was by the google and other search engine spiders that frequent the forum.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

I have been on a few forums where they have "Thanks" buttons. It is just something you hit if that person actually helped you out in the thread, and it is kinda like a feedback score. I always thought that was kinda cool.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    I have been on a few forums where they have "Thanks" buttons. It is just something you hit if that person actually helped you out in the thread, and it is kinda like a feedback score. I always thought that was kinda cool.
    The problem with having a thanks button is that people start to care more about how many cool points they have than actually contributing to the community. You wind up seeing a billion posts like this:

hi great thread you can find the answer if you search on google hey by the way plz hit the thanks button since i helped u dood !!!!!1

You'll get ten of those in every thread and every member winds up putting huge, red, bold, italic, underlined text in their signature begging for people to hit the thanks button on every post they make. It really tends to cheapen the community.