Thread: qa1 rear coil overs

Full Throttle

qa1 rear coil overs

anyone running them? seems sketchy but i suppose they cant sell them if its no good but looking to see what you guys think of them
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Why does it seem sketchy? Spohn has them, and I like Spohn, dont run anything they have, but Ive been in cars w/ Spohn products and they seem pretty solid.
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

Full Throttle
    oh i have spohn everything lol. lca's, panhard, a-arms and its all great stuff. but qa1 isnt a spohn brand it seems sketchy to me because it holds up the weight of the vehicle from the shock mounting locations. (it does reinforce the top) im debating them cause i need shocks for the rear. id just have to sell my slp stage 2 springs on the rear now
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears

Full Throttle
    so is anyone actually running these?

Nobody on this board is running adjustable rear coilovers at all. I'm running QA1's front and rear with the fronts being fully adjustable. If I weren't so wary of ground clearance on the headers, I'd lower it some more front and rear with some stranos and konis and just be done with it.

Look around on LS1tech and you'll probably find somebody using them. They aren't exactly something cut out for daily driver use, you'll porpoise on some spots on the road as well because the dampening isn't as great as regular shocks.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

They're also not very durable, after daily driving for a while they'll need to be rebuilt. Not to say though the value for the dollar isn't good, they're cheap compared to the other stuff like Afco and Strange, just get what you pay for. I'm thinking about running them on my Camaro for next season (fronts), with all the weight pulled out of my car the thing is sitting so high it's stupid, I have nearly 4" of fender gap in the front, lol. Need to get this thing back down on the ground, it's too high for a lowering spring to pull off. But my car is driven about 1-2k miles a year, if I still daily drove it I wouldn't be considering them. Now, I'm a drag racer here, if you're wanting to play with the corners then yeah, Konis are the way to go, not Qa1.

-Steve
    1996 Camaro, in progress: mild 5.3, TH400, T6 S475, 8.50 chassis cert...
    1993 K1500 W/T
    1985 Yamaha FJ1100
    1979 Suzuki GS550E (cafe racer)

Full Throttle
    yea the durability is where i was concerned because i do DD the car. i guess ill just get some konis. how easy are konis to adjust on the car? because i do like going to the track and hitting the twistys

If you get the 4th gen rears they are as simple as can be. If you get the 3rd gen rears you will have to take them off the car to adjust. You will be much happier with Koni's overal than the QA1's. Koni's with Strano springs work out very well for corners and decent for drag.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Sam Strano doing what he does best.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●