Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lower balls joints asst....

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar
    Hey guys, I'm tryin to remove the a-arm and I got every thing but the one vertical bushing bolt, it's seized I guess? Can't beat it out, been spraying PB Blaster on it for day's/ beating it and it won't move? Any ideas for me? Thanks
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle
    ^
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears

Quote Originally Posted by BWKMARO View Post
    ^
    Ha ha thanks!
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

Full Throttle
    oh sry use heat if you have it
    built bottom end,m90 super charged, built top end, vs cam,truck maf, 3.25" pulley( 11psi all the way), build tranny, 3.42 posi, lca, lca relocation brackets,adj phb,poly bushings, v8 rack, konis, bmr springs, sub frame connectors, true dual exhaust over the axle with a borla pro xs , zo6 vette rims 17x9.5 f 18x11 rears

Yup, heat is your last option before you have to cut the bolt/nut.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Tpunk View Post
    Yup, heat is your last option before you have to cut the bolt/nut.
    Man I'm scared of fire! Lol did any of you guys burn the bushing out? How hot red hot? I start with the propane torch and it starts smoking bad so I imagine once it burns OMG! I'll be freaking.

Full Throttle
    dont be scared itll only burn you... and dont worry about the smoking just dont breath it in. you have to get it pretty hot also you dont want to heat the bolt it self you want to heat the area around the bolt so that will expand away from the bolt

dont be scared itll only burn you... and dont worry about the smoking just dont breath it in. you have to get it pretty hot also you dont want to heat the bolt it self you want to heat the area around the bolt so that will expand away from the bolt
    Ok burned all the rubber out. the bolt and inner bushing sleeve thingy are seized together. I beat on it burned it more then repeated million times and the bolt won't move? I can move the sleeve and bolt back and fourth that's bout it any other ideas people???
    Last edited by hevymetalg; 11-19-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Full Throttle
    heat it till it just about melts then if that doesnt work your gunna have to cut it off

heat it till it just about melts then if that doesnt work your gunna have to cut it off
    Cut it off with what? I tried the saws all it won't cut at all. Man id rather pull the transmission any day over doing this ever again... FUCK!!!

Yeah... get out the dremel.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Full Throttle
    well me to i can have the tranny out in 20 mins lmao can you get a angle grinder in there?

well me to i can have the tranny out in 20 mins lmao can you get a angle grinder in there?
    I'll be tryin too soon I just got some cut off wheels for it no rush on getting this on the road soon. I don't drive it in winter.

Full Throttle
    you should turbo it then

you should turbo it then
    Lol think I'll wait till I can get it rolling again first

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast